❤️27❤️

SUHANI

SUHANI

It happened.

The thing that I feared, happened.

I saw Vaidehi crying her heart out holding her teddy bear.

We came home after our classes and she locked herself up in her room.
I had a slight idea of what would have happened but I didn't know the whole thing.

She didn't open the door even for dinner and I covered up for her saying she was sleeping because of a terrible headache. Mumma was adamant to see her but somehow I managed to dodge it.

Later, I jumped into her room from the window. She was not answering my calls and I was getting scared.

The sight before me left my heart bleeding.

She was crying non-stop.

I tried to touch her but she flinched back facing her back towards me.

I encircled my hands around her frame from behind but she kept protesting not wanting to face me..."Relax Vai... It's just me here. I am always with you " I kissed her hair and felt her getting a little easy.

Moments passed in silence. She broke down in my embrace. She kept crying until her eyes dried off.

"I... I am ashamed " She whispered still not facing me.

"Vai... " I tried to calm her down but she was not ready to listen to me.

" I am sorry Suhani. You tried to make me understand but what did I do? ... I am ashamed of myself" She spoke in a guilt-filled voice.

"It's okay Vaidehi"

" No, it's not Suhani. For the past 2 months you were trying so hard to make me understand and what did I do? I trusted someone else more than you. I thought you were wrong. I thought he changed. If there is someone whom I hurt a lot in these two months is you and today you are sitting here consoling me. You should hate me. I am embarrassed Suhani. I don't have the courage to face you. I am really sorry Suhani really sorry. " I again heard her sniffing and my heart clenched.

" It wasn't your fault Vaidehi. I know how manipulative he is. " I sat in front of her and hugged her.

" But you warned me Suhani. It is my fault and I am really sorry" She hid her face in my chest and started crying again.

I couldn't help but loathe that pathetic boy. How badly he had crushed so many girls feeling without feeling any remorse. Just like Vaidehi...they too must have felt terrible about themselves. He not only broke their heart but their confidence too. I felt helpless to be not able to do something for them and vaidehi. I really wished Veer to trust me over Samrat for once. What if he at least tried to research his friend's character when everyone was saying the same thing...but he had blind faith in him.