❤35❤

SUHANI

SUHANI

My heart skipped multiple beats to know that he tried to end his life.

The only thing I could feel was guilt... More guilt.

Maybe if I would have talked to him that time he would have calmed down.

Maybe he wouldn't have felt alone.

So much was going on in his life and I was busy hating him for the deed he never did.

"Suhani... "

"I...I...am Sorry, Veer" My voice came more of a whisper.

"Suhani, are you thinking it's your fault? " Veer shook me by my shoulders.

Words didn't leave my mouth... Instead, the tears did the talking.

"It was not your fault, Suhani. Never.  It was immature of me to take such an irrational decision. My Dadu was with me but I ignored his love. Even though he lost his Son and daughter-in-law but I was only seeing my pain. Waheguru Ji always gave me love but I was always ignorant of it. Yes, he did take my precious mother from me but I think even he didn't want her to suffer more. He has surely given a beautiful life to her. I know, she deserves it. And my father must be given a sense of gratefulness in his new birth. I have moved on from it, Suhani. Please don't blame yourself. It was bound to happen. It was all destiny. "

I couldn't help but embrace him closer to me. More closer.

*

"Pasta? " Sakshi Bhabhi chipped in.

I narrowed my eyes at her... She is eating way too much junk food. It's not good for her health.

She gave me puppy eyes, "Please, Suhani. I am eating it after a long time"

And I had to give in.

"Fine, but only this time. No junk food for you till Aarav turns 6 months old." I told her sternly and she nodded giving me a toothy grin. Aarav to giggled as Vaidehi tickled him.

Both mother And son are Munchkins.

I didn't realize when did I fall asleep sitting on Veer's lap.

When I woke up all three of them were looking at me lovingly.

Vaidehi and Sakshi Bhabhi were heart eyes when they saw us like that. They were glad that we were back together.

I looked at Veer, who was smiling softly at me, his gaze telling me "It's a new beginning".

Throwing every negative thought out of the window, I joined everyone for Lunch.

It seemed to be a nice place and with two foodies in the group, it was not tough to get convinced to have lunch here.

Vaidehi was awkward initially, she wanted to apologize earlier but couldn't keep it in words. But Veer just pulled her up in a hug. And the brother-sister duo was back again to trouble me.