❤️26❤️

VEER

VEER

I couldn't help but glare at her. Every time I see both of them together it just brings back memories of those days which I don't want to remember.

It triggers me to break something. It brings the worst out of me.

I tried to move. I really did try... But it never happened.
I could never forget her. Her face. Her smile.Her innocence. Her beautiful heart... But it turned out to be a facade.

Why it was so painful to imagine she did it?... She cheated?

I had seen it with my own eyes... Heard it all with my own ears.

It was almost a week since Samrat had told me about Suhani.

I was so hurt that I avoided going to school. My Mother asked me if everything was fine I made an excuse of preparing for my final exams.

I was waiting for a call... A call from her... But it never came.

I thought it was because we had an ugly fight before.

I wanted my answers from her.

For the first time, I didn't want to believe Samrat's words. I wanted all the words he spoke to be a lie.

Finally, after a week I was ready to face her. I was determined to get my answers.

The whole day passed and neither she made an attempt to talk nor me. Though I heard her talking to Samrat, she didn't even glance at me.

All of the happenings were giving me a hard time. My heart was pounding with each passing second. I was feeling dizzy of the consequences.
I didn't want it to turn out to be what I was scared of.

I took heavy steps towards her who was talking to Samrat. It felt like an argument. Wiping the sweat from my forehead I neared them and that's when I heard something that pierced my heart, " Fine... I... I wanted to b... Break yours and V...Veer's friendship. It...It was a challenge. Getting close to Veer was an M... Mistake. It was a lie...I don't... I don't like him... Sorry"

Everything slipped under my legs. Tears flowed out of my eyes like a waterfall. My vision got blurred with tears.

Samrat looked at me with an I-told-You look and that was enough to shatter me. 

He was always right about her.

He looked at me painfully then again looked at her, before she could turn around he grabbed her shoulders and jerked her, " How dare you Suhani? Do you even know how much Veer was into you? Do you even have the slightest idea what you have done to him? You have played with his emotions. You have lied to him. You have cheated him. And all you have to say is Sorry? Do you think it can mend what you have destroyed? I have never seen such a self-centered and selfish girl like you. I will never forgive you Suhani... Never... You have hurt my best friend... I"

I left the place immediately. I couldn't listen anymore.

It felt like a horrible dream. I wanted to avoid this dream at any cost. I wanted to wake up to my bubbled reality.

It was not supposed to happen. I wanted to scream... I wanted to break something... I wanted to burn down everything.

This was not supposed to happen.

I ran and ran until I reached my room. I fell to my knees in front of Waheguru Ji. I cried for him to show me the path. I wanted him to wake me up from this nightmare.

I was overwhelmed. I didn't know what to do.

I waited and waited... For Waheguru Ji to enlighten me on the right path.

I tried hard to forget everything and move on. It happened... But for a short time.

The moment I saw her at the hospital again... My heart started beating again.

This time filled with hatred...But I again tried to move on.

It happened but again for a short time until Samrat appeared and the reality came rushing down to me. 

It was hard to forget everything.

"Veer... What is this? "  She asked gaining my attention. I chose not to reply to her and instead took a deep breath to calm myself down.

When I didn't reply she again asked,
"Veer... what happened? "
My oh-so-innocent wife was not aware of anything.

I mentally scoffed at her. I just wanted to go somewhere. I just didn't want to see her.

"Veer" She held my hand.

I closed my eyes to relax. I didn't want to do something bad with her. I don't want to regret it later.

I took my hand out of her grip and just ignored her.

But she was hell-bent on talking with me.

She stood in front of me blocking my way.

"Get aside" I asked her trying to calm my anger.

"Tell me what happened. "  She was making the most innocent face ever. For a second I was convinced she didn't know anything but I know better... I was running out of patience.

"Why don't you ask this to your lover boy? " I hissed at her.

" Lover boy? " She gasped at me.

Wow! What an Oscar-worthy acting.

"Your Samrat course" The name left a distaste in my mouth.

I was going towards the balcony when she blocked my way. Again.

I just wanted her to move out of my way.

I glared at her but she was flashing back at me.

"Explain to me what you mean right now"  She demanded crossing her arms over her chest and anger-filled eyes.

"I don't have anything to say to a woman like you. You are very well aware of what you are doing. You know what... It doesn't bother me now but my family...They treat you as their own daughter. Just have some shame and don't cheat them. You can do whatever the hell you want with your so-called boy but you are nobody to hurt my family like this. I so hate you for treating them like this when they are doing nothing but treating you as a princess " I didn't know with what Intensity I was looking at her but she was taken aback.

Tears threatened to fall off her eyes. I hate to admit but they did pierce my heart.

Messaging my forehead, I sighed in frustration.

I took a deep breath again and looked into her eyes, " Listen Suhani, I am warning you. I won't tolerate this. If you want to stay with me just end whatever you both have between you.  And if you want to stay with him... Divorce me. Do not play with my family's emotions. They love you way too much and I don't want you playing around with it. Just make a clear choice "
She was looking at me with shock. Guess, she didn't expect me to find out about them?

I exited the room without glancing at her. I was afraid I will hurt her.

I dislike her but tears in her eyes do something to me.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Please ignore grammatical mistakes.

Editor :- its_chahat_here ❤✨

Thanks for reading❤.