❤️15❤️

SUHANI

SUHANI

"What's your to be husband's name?"
The henna artist asked bringing me out of the trance to reality. The reality of me getting ready for Veer.

Day after tomorrow I will be sitting beside him as his wife. How did these two weeks passed so suddenly?  Was not I beside Beeji scolding her for taking care of herself and now here I am getting married in less than 48 hours.

My family is elated running around the whole house to double-check the preparations. Beeji, Mom and Dad just can't keep calm, Bhai is sulking in the corner and Vaidehi is not talking to me! This is what this marriage news has done to me in these two weeks.

Beeji wanted a grand celebration for her Favourite Granddaughter but looking at her health everybody denied it instantly. Grand celebration is not above her health. Anyways Celebration for what? The loveless marriage? I know neither Veer nor I will be happy in this marriage. We just said yes for Beeji. I won't be surprised if we are divorced after a few months. Once, your trust is broken it's not easy to trust again on the same person.

Ever since Vaidehi got to know about this marriage she refused to talk to me.
We had an ugly fight two weeks ago about the same, "You are marrying that cheapster? That ugly frog? How can you Suhani? Did you forget he is the one for whom you cried for months? That person never failed to bring a tear to your eyes and now you are marrying him. Are you mad or what? Marrying him simply means you are signing up for more tears, stress and humiliation. Suhani just move on, please. Why are you hell-bent on destroying your life ?" She screamed at my face clutching my shoulders in a tight grip.

" Vai, I just did it for Beeji. You know her health..."

" Shut up Suhani. You and I both know that it's not the only reason. You still haven't moved on from him. He still has a place in your heart. You still expect him to love you back. Isn't it?  Beeji just wanted to see your marriage you could have married anyone but no you chose to marry him. That man who had crushed your heart, your feelings. You are marrying him because you had already dreamt about a married life with him.  You can't think of marriage if it's not with him. You still love that man who had crushed your heart into tiny pieces. Who..."  I  slapped her across her face. It was too much to hear for me, " Shut up Vaidehi", I don't know what provoked me to slap her, Her words? Or the truth in words?  But I instantly regretted raising my hand on her as tears pooled in her eyes.

I gulped looking  at her accusing eyes on me and her hand on her cheeks," Vai...I..."  
" I have had seen you crying for him numerous times hiding from all of us and I am not at all happy with this marriage " she whispered and left the room.

I tried to stop her but she ran to her room and didn't dare to open the door till the next morning. I thought her anger will vanish as soon as she will gulp down her favourite Dhokla but it never happened. Neither she looked at me nor talked to me. There was a distant look in her eyes. I have never seen her like this. We had fights before, we had beat the shit out of each other a hundred times but this time it was something else.