Chapter 4: Tour de Texas, Part 1

Tadashi's POV

With the map, we realized that with the order she had our tour in, we would be jumping around all over the place. Going from top to bottom to top to bottom.

The trip to Dallas was long and boring. She had taken her car back,which wasn't very big so we had to deactivate Baymax for the ride. It was almost desert-like from here to there. With sandy soil and barely any plant or animal life. Yet, people lived out here.

Upon reaching Dallas, she took us to a certain district. The art district of Dallas. It was beautiful, where even the buildings had been designed by artists. It looked so different from San Fransokyo, until you came to the skyline. It was beautiful. She parked a few blocks down from a church. She walked the rest of the way to the giant, well decorated building. It was grand with artwork of beauty.

"St. Guadalupe Catholic Church of Dallas. This is where I was baptized. I love its art and design. It been here for quite a while now."
"So, why are we here?" Honey Lemon seemed hesitant at entering such a large and public place. We had left our suits in the trunk of her car.
"The priest can help us. He can get us safely to Amarillo, up in the Panhandle. From there, we can head to Abiline, one of the most out-there places on the map. Then we can head to the Capitol of Texas, Austin." She smiled as she walked into the church. It was peaceful and large. Extremely large.

After a little bit of searching through the entire church, we finally found the priest. He understood our situation and gave us money and packs with things that we needed for the road.
~

Chántel's POV

After a little tour of downtown Dallas to calm us down, we left for Amarillo. It was practically desert on the way out there. Fred and Honey almost fainted from heat fatigue and Wasabi kept complaining about how sweaty he was. Gogo and Hiro sat there silently, but I could tell that they weren't comfortable. Neither was Tadashi, though he didn't say a word either. I felt bad for being as comfortable as ever in the 80-90 degree weather and all of my friends were used to 60s and 70s. I looked around Amarillo to see a simple looking diner out on the side of the road.

Ahh, Tia Marta's old place. I hoped Bianca was there. My aunt and uncle had moved with their two children, Julio and Bianca, out to Amarillo, where they started their small business. It was an old, yet delicious, restaurant called 'El Arroz Rosa.' (Translation: 'The Pink Rice')

I knew that they were hungry and tired from riding in my cramped car, so I decided to treat them to a little real food. I turned into the parking lot and stopped, turning the engine off and pulling out the key. Tadashi looked at where we are then at me strangely.
"Chán, where are we?"

"Somewhere that you'll enjoy. Get out and head inside. Lunch's on me!"
"Yes!! Nothing is better than free food in an air conditioned restaurant," Fred yelled out into the heated air of Amarillo. I smiled and looked at everyone as they piled out of my car and marched thankfully into the restaurant.