Chapter 16: Strike Three

Tadashi's POV

She stayed with me that night, sleeping next to me peacefully. I couldn't fall asleep with how excited I was.

I listened to her steady breathing as her chest rose and fell with the rhythm. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her closer to me so that her forehead touched my chest. She was curled into a ball, which was apparently the most comfortable position for her to sleep in. Her knees touched my stomach. I pulled her even closer. Her arms squeezed in between her chest and my lower chest. Her breathing stayed the same. It was like music to me.

I laid there and just listened. No movements, no other noises (well, no others besides Hiro's snores). Just her and me lying in the bed together. She asleep and me wide awake, protecting her from the world. I felt like I couldn't let her go. She was my dream girl and I wasn't going to let her out of my embrace now. Not ever.

Or so I thought.
I fell asleep to her music.
~
When I awoke, it was colder than usual. She was shivering badly. I pulled her closer so that our bodies were squashed together in my tight grip.

"T-T-Tadashi, aren't you c-c-cold?" Her teeth chattered. I did feel a bit chilly, but not really cold.
"No. I'm here to keep you warm, so you'll be fine with me."

She wriggled around in my arms so that she was perfectly comfortable.
"A-a-alright...I'm n-not that c-cold, Dashi."
"Good, Chán."
I set my chin upon her head as she closed her eyes. She may say it, but she still shivered like she was cold. I pulled the sheets up closer to her. Then I got out of bed and changed into day clothes.

Then I left. I still had school, you know.

When I arrived at SFIT, I was late. My Robotics History professor, Professor Mullendore, got onto me but in the end, congratulated me on my engagement.

It was peaceful as I walked to my lab. I got straight to work. I had to adjust some of the programs for Baymax and add emotional symptoms and stress to his database. It was 1:27 in the afternoon and I was starving.

Chán walked in a bit later.
"Dashi, I brought you something."

I looked up at her and smiled. She had a small bag of lunch. She opened it and I pulled out a simple sandwich. It wasn't much, but it was still good.
"Thanks, Chán," I said. Then she looked over at me and I pulled her a bit closer. And closer. And closer until finally her lips met mine. Her chapstick stuck to my lips after we pulled back. She tasted like raspberries and blueberry muffins and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. But I mostly tasted the raspberries. Sweet, yet bitter all at the same time. I pulled her in for another quick kiss when the door burst open. The last person I wanted to see.

Juan.

((I'm gonna leave this at a DUN DUN DUNNNN!!! moment cause I'm too tired to keep writing. Alright. So this happens. Ok. I really just wanna say this, but I'm going to say this: I'm coming out with two new books. Not connected to this or BR in any way. Even though they are all Tadashi x OC. Ok and then I'm making plan to later come out with a Hiro x reader (or x OC, depending on if my plans will allow x reader or not). Yea it feels good to get that off my chest. So yea, I'm gonna leave it here! Until next chapter!! ~💙💙A.S.))