Chapter 17: Reality

Chántel's POV

Tadashi let go of me and told me to go stand by Baymax. I did as told. How did Juan get in here? The school is open, they wouldn't let anyone come in. My guess is, he broke in himself.

"Get out," Tadashi said calmly.
"Give her to me," Juan snapped.
"I can't. And I won't."
"You will, once you see what I have to trade for her."

Juan stepped aside to allow another man to come forward bearing an image.

Hiro.

They were going to use his own brother against him.
"You wouldn't."
"I will."
"You're going to stoop that low, just to get someone who doesn't love you?"
"I love her! Dammit, I've always loved her. Since seventh grade. When she said she was over it, I was going to make her mine in any way possible. And then she moved to this place for high school. And met you."
"So now you're going to use Hiro as a tool to get her back."
"Give her back to me! And I'll give you Hiro. And protection."
"We don't need protection. And that's for sure," Tadashi finished his argument with Juan.

Juan took a step forward and grabbed my arm, only for Tadashi to punch him. He used this chance and grabbed Tadashi's arm, pulling him around to where he couldn't move. Holding a knife at his neck, Juan spoke solemnly to me.
"Chántel, if you don't come with me I will kill him. I don't want to but I will."

I fell to my knees and sobbed,"Leave him alone, Juan!! I-I'll go with you...just leave him be alive!"
"Why should I?"
"Because I promise..."

"Chán! What are you doing?!" Tadashi looked at me with wide eyes.
"I'm saving your life. I don't ever want to lose you."

"I know you will only come back for him, so let's make sure you don't."
Juan stabbed the knife into Tadashi's side.
"NOOOO!!!" I screamed as Tadashi yelled in pain and fell to the ground, holding the knife. He groaned as he rolled himself into a ball with pain.

"Chántel, let's go." Juan pulled me away from the lab, me screaming for Tadashi's life. Then I remembered that I still had my phone. I pulled it out while no one was looking and sent a text to Cass, Honey, Gogo, Wasabi, Fred and Hiro.

HELP TADASHI IS DYING IN HIS LAB!! Don't worry about me, just get help for Dashi!!

This was the painful truth, the painful reality that I had caused.