Chapter 12: Cheat,

~continuation of flashback~

Tadashi's POV

When we were out of the warehouse, or should I say Black Light hq, we ran to the the White Wing hq. Chántel wasted no time getting to Jon.
"Hey! PurplePolish! I have news from the Black Light." She yelled. I assumed that Jon is PurplePolish.
"Changeling! What happened?! Are you hurt? Where's your paint?"
"PurpleP, I'm fine. They took my paint so I'll get more later. And I have news on Blueyes."
"What about Blueyes?!"
"Jailed for graffitiing SFIT."
"And Moonstone?"
"Broke the treaty. They're invading our territory."
"Why would he? He was Blueyes's favorite member. I remember the day we made the treaty, Moonstone was the first to approve of it. And so quickly. By the way, if you don't mind my asking, what happened between you two? After all, you were the cause of the treaty."

She seemed stunned by this question. Then she turned her back and walked to her desk. "Sensitive subject I guess." Jon said as he did the same, except he walked over to a group of men who were working to move a box across the warehouse.

I followed her to her desk. She threw herself into her chair and laid her head on her desk. She stared out into space as she sighed loudly. "Why can't I ever do anything right?"

"What do you mean?"
"I made the treaty. I caused it to form."
"And isn't that good?"
"The reason it was created isn't."
"It's fine, I'm sure."
"And the reason it was formed gives me regrets and no you're not sure."

The last thing she said took me aback. I was always sure of myself. Always sure that I was making the right choice. But now I wasn't. The tone of her voice told me so. And I wanted to know why. But knowing my Chántel, she wasn't going to let it slip.
"Sooo, what was the treaty for?" She might be a genius when it comes to space science, but when it comes to trickery, she fell for it.
"To stop a gang war."
"What caused the war?"
"Me."
"What did you do to cause the war?"
"I fell in love with Moon--"
"And me too."
"Dammit, TadaShine!"
I smiled and she slapped me. I rubbed where she slapped me but didn't say anything. She stood up and looked around for a can of paint. Finally she found some black. She sprayed on the wall. A symbol. I remembered seeing it on the side of SFIT. The symbol had been painted by Blueyes! It was a white wing with three black lines crossing through it. SFIT was about in the middle of the city. It was the half point. The crossing of borders. That's why it was there. SFIT was a standpoint for gang territory.