1135

Chapter 1135 People, It Is Our Turn to Save the Army!
This chapter is updated by Wuxia.Blog

An hour later…

Inside a dark room, the tiny dark green candle was the only source of light. The flame swayed and flickered, illuminating the faces around the table, leaving shadows on the wall. It looked quite scary and creepy.

Above the candlelight, an interface that was displayed to the people around was floating, showing the introduction of the Black Star Character Summon Card. Gold Team’s captain was ‘Fly Free’, a top non-professional player who started playing all the way back in Version 1.0. He looked worried and troubled as he said in a low voice, “I didn’t expect to discover such a big secret. Guys, what should we do now?” “What else? Publicize it!”

“But this is the trump card we’re going to use in the finals. If we make it public, won’t we have exposed ourselves?” “Oi, priorities! Compared to the safety of the entire army, the competition is no longer that important!”

As they were arguing, a female player gently raised her hand and said, “I have a question. Why don’t we turn on the lights, instead of this one candle?”

“This kind of dark and mysterious environment is needed for something this important. That’s how they play it in the movies.”

Another team member scratched his head and asked, “I understand that and all, but why only light one candle?”

“We might be the only ones who’ve discovered the truth. The atmosphere has to be serious, understand?”

Another teammate gave a long “oh” and then said, “I see, but why only light one candle?”

“Enough!” Fly Free could not take it anymore. He stood up and stopped the replay. Then he went to turn on the light and pulled the rest back on track.

After acquiring the Black Star Character Summon Card, the fragile hearts of all the Gold Team members were shaken. They quickly returned to the stronghold to discuss what they should do.

On dealing with the issue, the opinions of the team were split in two. One side felt they should keep the secret till after the finals; another side felt that the matter was too important, and they should immediately publicize it on the forums to warn the army players that their faction boss might have been swapped.

Although they had worked hard to finally enter the Black Star Cup finals, after discovering this secret, the competition did not seem that interesting anymore. Their attention was completely absorbed by the mystery of the army commander. The Character Summon Card had a ‘Black Star’ prefix, but they had no way of knowing if this was also part of the target’s disguise. After all, the prefix of Character Summon Cards usually only displayed the target’s current identity. It did not have the natural ability to see through disguises.

For example, if they used a Blank Character Summon Card on Sorokin or Oathkeeper, it would only be displayed as ‘Sorokin Character Summon Card’ or ‘Oathkeeper Character Summon Card’, not their true identity.

Therefore, this ‘Manison’ suffix was clearly more convincing!

Boom!

Fly Free slammed the table heavily and said with a firm tone, “I think we should immediately publicize this information. We would never have a chance of getting into the finals of any official league, but the Black Star Cup gave us this opportunity. Even if we lose in the finals, we’re still top four, and we’ll still have gained a lot of fame. Without the Black Star Cup, all this would not have happened. We cannot forget where we came from. The reward of the competition is nothing compared to the safety of the entire army!