Chapter 30 - Thinking

The knights trekked down the damp roads of Hogsmeade. "I still don't understand why you needed all of us for this." Gabe said kicking some dirt.

"If this is above your mental capacity Lestrange feel free to leave," Tom replied. The rest of the group snickered.

"Briar? Where did you say you got this information from?" Abraxas asked.

"Aberforth Dumbledore," she said, plainly.

"You know Aberforth?" Aleks asked.

"Not well, but my parents did." She thought there was no point in lying to the group, they already knew she was a faerie. They were the only chance she had at staying protected, she needed to put all her faith in them and trust them with the information she knew wholeheartedly.

They walked towards where Briar had discovered the poisonous mushroom. To her surprise, the roses were actually still there. She thought maybe whoever was planting them had backed off, but they clearly hadn't.

Casper bent down, using a sharp pocket knife he cut the edge of the mushroom off and used his want to levitate it into a small vial. "What are you going to do with that Rosier?" Abraxas asked. "We already know what they are, what's the point of studying it further?"

"If I'm being honest Malfoy, I'm not too sure. But maybe I'll find something, who knows?"

"I think whoever is planting them has something to do with the secret object Grindelwald wants," Briar said. Tom ignored her words and bent down towards Casper.

Tom had been ignoring her the past few days. Typical. One step forward, three steps back. This boy did nothing but toy with her emotions, but the worst part was that she was letting him.

"If he was searching for an object, why would he be trying to poison people?" Gabriel asked. "Think about it, it makes no sense."

Tom hummed. "You may all go. I've got what I needed."

"What?" They replied in unison.

"Do not question me you imbeciles, have you no respect? I said go." They all exchanged glanced but then made their way back to the castle with hesitance. Briar however did not move. "You're not exempt from that order Emeralds."

"Why are you being like this?" she questioned.

"What? You want me to hold your hand as we walk? Stop being needy. Leave."

"I'm not going anywhere just because you're in one of your moods," she said, rolling her eyes.

"For Merlin's sake, Briar, can you do as I tell you for once? You are not above any of the other knights, I need to be alone."

Just as she was about to walk away, The Dumbledore brothers approached them. "Why am I not surprised?" Albus said looking at them sternly. Aberforth smiled at Briar.

"Nice to see you again Miss Emeralds." She returned his smile, but it quickly fell when she made eye contact with Albus again.

"You shouldn't be here. Back to the castle now before I give you both detention."

"And you should have been here a long time ago! How long has it been since Aberforth first informed you of these mushrooms?"

"Briar," Tom began. He placed his hand out in-front of her, gesturing for her to calm down.

"Watch your tone with your professor Briar." Albus looked as if he was considering hexing her.

"We were just leaving sir," Tom said. Charming smile plastered upon his perfect face.