Chapter 45 - Unforgiveable

Gabriele threw his quill across the table. "Calm down, Lestrange," Malfoy said.

"How on earth am I meant to pass transfiguration? I've been taking it since I was 12 and still nothing makes sense."

"We still have a while before our NEWTS, maybe Tom could give you a hand?" Abraxas said.

"Can't. Busy," was all Tom replied.

"Doing what?" Gabe asked.

"Trying to save the world so I can rule it," he closed his eyes in frustration.

"Well, if you keep trying to save the world you're going to be late for potions," Casper said, casually.

Tom looked up at the clock. "Fuck," he murmured. He grabbed his books and stood, looking at Briar eagerly. "Well, are you coming?!"

"I'm not coming to potions today," she said.

"Why not? I'm not covering for you."

"I never asked you to. I have something I need to take care of. I'll deal with Slughorn later. Now go or else you'll be late." He almost looked offended before he strutted off to the potions classroom.

"What are you taking care of?" Casper asked.

"Something I should of done a long time ago."

"You really are concerning me lately Emeralds, should I speak to Tom?"

"No! You will do no such thing. You already went behind my back once by ratting me out to him. So now I ask you, please, have my back for once, not his."

He nodded understandingly. "Okay."

____

"Psst, Delia." Briar approached her from the door of her herbology classroom.

"Go away, Briar."

"Come here, please," she begged.

"Professor, may I please be excused?" The teacher nodded and Delia slipped outside of the class to meet Briar. "What do you want?"

"Your forgiveness, your happiness, your friendship. Do you want me to go on?" Nott looked at her disapprovingly. "Please, just come with me, and if after you do, you still want nothing to do with me, then I'll leave you alone. For good."

"Will it take long?"

"Yes, most likely." Briar admitted.

"Fine let's go." Cordelia grunted.

They snuck out of the castle and down towards Hogsmeade. "Where are we going?" Delia kept asking, to which Briar gave no response.

"Take my hand, we're aparating." Reluctantly, Delia linked her hand with Briar's. With a crack, they were gone.

"Why are we here?" Delia asked, nervously as she looked at the decadent house which belonged to her fiancé.

"Because you're ending things."

The witch laughed. Before her face dropped. "You're not being serious, are you Briar?"

"Wholeheartedly," Briar said as she began to walk towards the door. "I have a plan."

"Wait! Briar! What are you doing! Are you insane? You're sorry, okay I get it. I forgive you, let's go back now."

"Delia." They stopped out front of the door. "Look at me in the eyes and tell me you want to marry this man? Say it, and I'll walk away."

She stared at the Faerie. "Briar," she sighed. "I hate him. I hate the life I will have with him. But I have no other option."

"Trust me Delia, everything will work out." Briar gave her a look, a look that reassured the witch. Something about Briar's eyes always made every word she spoke sound so sincere. Delia nodded, slowly. Briar proceeded to ring the door bell.