Chapter 20

"You!" Copter was screaming once he saw the guy who the one was dragging him, almost dragging him to the prostitution before he decided to marry Tae. However, he felt annoying when the guy was just smiled to him and usher him to come into the house they had reached, after they had arrived at the island.

"I'm glad you save, Copter. Please, come in, I will tell everything that needs to tell to you. Meanwhile, Sandee will treat your wounds. All I ask is for you to be patient and hear me out. Can you do that?"

Copter was looking at every faces in front of him and finally nods his head. He doesn't have much choices, did he? He even follows the guy this far anyway. He took the seat that the girl Sandee had showed him, and just letting her treat the wounds on his face and his body. He would sometime hissing for the contact, making him scowl at her. But the girl was just giving him her straight face, that annoys him even more.

Once Sandee had finished with her job, the previous guy, a lot older than Knock, was taking a seat opposite to Copter and Knock was sitting next to him. Without wasting anymore second, he started right away.

"I'm sorry you have to go through all this, Copter. The late Mr. Steve was sorry to you too." Hearing his late grandfather-in-law's name mentioned, Copter was shocked, again. This day just gets weirder and weirder.

"Grandpa? But why? I keep trying to ask him the reason he did this to me, but I was too late, and I lost my chance. I thought I will never heard the reason."

"My name is Prem, and Knock is my son. I was working, I mean, unofficially working for Mr. Steve. I owe him my life, and he had supported and helped me and my family for as long as I could remember. But I wasn't the only one who he helped. He was a good man, but he regretted so much until his final breath, he had to pull you into his problem."

Copter was frowning hard hearing things he never expected. He knew the old man was the only person who cares about him in the family, but, he just doesn't get the full pictures of everything.

"But he tried to...." Prem was chuckling making Copter stop in his words. "You were young and afraid. You both were. We used that very fact to threaten you to agree for marriage. Mr. Steve knows for sure you will refused him if he asked you politely. Because you were just that guy who wouldn't succumb to money and power. That's the very reason why he needs you, why he choose you in the first place."

"But for what? I don't have what it takes to work in the company. Heck, I don't even involve in anything. What was that all for? But...wait. Are you telling me, he wasn't really going to sell me at the time?" Copter was making his ridiculous face looking straight at the man's black orbs.

"Of course. If you refused till the end, you might just walk away. We never did that kind of things, really." Copter was standing up, hands on his waist, looking up, taking in deep breath...and laughing himself out. How ridiculous was all this...shit! Was he deceived by that old man his whole life?! For what sake is that?

"So, all of you think I'm a fool, aren't you? Of course I'm the fool one. Everybody would think that way knowing this ridiculous things happening to me. I almost got killed. Who in the world get played like that, except for me....yeah, I'm a fool."

"Copter, relax." Knock was trying to say something else when Copter was cutting him with a shout, shocking him and everyone present. They could understand him though.

"Relax?!! You want me to relax?!! I have to suffer living in that damn mansion, treating like I'm not even existed for two whole years and for what?!! Just to be dragged out of nowhere, and just to be killed?!! And you want me to relax??! The hell!!!"

Copter couldn't help but to shout to every one in the house. he didn't know anything anymore. In the end, he was crouching, crying his eyes out, letting out all those suffocating feelings he held inside. Knock was coming closer, crouching beside him, rubbing on his back, trying to calm him down.

"We never thought you fool or anything like that, Copter. We understand. Just shout it out. Anyone in your place will do what you did. You even have a friend to protect, don't you? We did it, knowing you didn't have another choice at the time because we really wanted you, no scratch that, we really needs you. You are the only choice we had and Mr. Steve was desperate at the time. He didn't have much time left to live, but he survived long enough to prepare things for you."

Copter was punching the floor beneath him. All the things he heard was frustrated him enough. "For what?! Need me for what?! He didn't say a single things about it! Nothing!"

"Oiii...I just treat you wounds. Now you added another one. Just sit down and listen! There's nothing you could do for things that already happened. You have to understand things to really know what to do next. Or else, nothing will change, and those guys will kill you again once they spotted you. This wasn't a joke. It's a real damn thing, so, focus!"

Copter was surprise to hear a woman voice. He could never expected the girl who treated his wounds just now could be this...daring? Outspoken? Knock then helping Copter to stand up and pulling him to sit at his previous seat back. With a calm voice, he tried to calm the guy down, despite knowing how stressful this whole thing was to him.

"Everything will be okay, Copter. We are here for you in the first place. But you have to really understand the whole things to be able to decide, and think of the next step. Knows that we are on your side, and will support you till the end. We will listen to you, and obey you. You are our boss now."

"Boss?" Another shock? Seriously? Copter was frowning to it, but Knock and everybody in the room was nodding their head when Copter was looking at them one by one. "How?"

"That's why you need to listen. Shall we continue?" Prem was smiling at Copter, which Copter was slowly taking in his long breath and nodding his head.

"Yes. Make sure you tell me everything, don't leave even a single fact behind."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Good morning, Copter. Did you sleep well?" Knock had greet Copter right away when he saw the guy walking towards the dining area. It was already almost noon the next day and Copter took a seat in front of Prem, while Knock standing up, preparing food for Copter.

"I have enough rest....and I thought about all of this things too. Can I ask you?" Prem just nodding his head. He expect a lot of questions coming from Copter anyway.

"I mean, you seem so loyal to grandpa, and you also have Knock who I think grandpa knew him and trusted him more than me. So why not him instead of a stranger me?"

Prem was smiling though he actually didn't expect this kind of question from Copter. "Well, choosing Knock will be too risky. Those guys could investigate and make a background check on Knock that it will lead to me, and my connection with Mr. Steve. Like I told you last night, I'm invisible to them. They didn't know people like me exist behind Mr. Steve. We couldn't afford that."

Copter was nodding his head to that. That was makes sense after everything he heard last night. "So, what's the plan? You might have some kind of plan right? At least for me."

Knock was putting a plate full of foods in front of Copter, and then taking a seat beside his father while smiling. "Of course we do. We just need your opinion and agreement."

"I let you decide with my identity for now on. I can't walk around being a dead Copter, am I? But if we need to face them head on, I needs education, and I need to learn a lot of things. Since we don't have much time, I need your help and I need all resources and information I could get. Can you help me with that?"

Prem then lean back on his chair, and crossing both his arms on his chest, smiling. "Mr. Steve's judgment was never wrong. Just tell us anything, we will provide it for you, Cop."

End of Chapter 20

p/s:

Sorry for keep you waiting...it's not easy to be okay having a writer's block....I hate this

Still, I hope you enjoy the chapter

Thank you for stopping by;)