Fifteen

Blair POV.
•••

   A date.

   That's what I'm about to go on.

   I did the whole should I dress lazy and act like I don't care thought process. And I concluded that there's really no point since I look good in whatever I put on.

   Now I'm just sitting on my couch, nervous as hell, waiting for him to send me a text to come down.

   "She looks nervous." Blake mumbles to Natalie. Natalie looks up from her phone and agrees.

   "I would be too."

   "Were you nervous about our first date?" Blake asks.

   "No, not really."

   "Oh."

   "Maybe I should tell him I'm sick." I say to no one in particular.

   "He's supposed to be here in two minutes." Natalie laughs.

   "What if he stands me up?"

   "He's not."

   "How would you know Blake?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

   "Because I live with him, and talk to him." Oh... yea I forgot about that.

   "Was he nervous?" I ask, with a little hope in my voice that he was.

   "No." Ohh...cool

We hear a knock at our door and all jump up. "Is that him?" Natalie asks excitedly.

"Should I open the door, and you like make an entrance?" Blake asks nervously.

"Why are you nervous? It's making me nervous." Blake shrugs and tries to shoo me to the other room. "No, I can just open the door."

"Ok, well open it." He says impatient.

"Blake, maybe we should go hide." Natalie suggest and I groan.

"Guys it's not a big deal," I sigh and open the door.

There, standing in all his glory, was Jake Heart. Giving me one of his playful smirks. "You look beautiful." He says, his eyes never leaving mine.

"You didn't even look at my outfit."

"I know." He shoots me a wink and looks back at Blake and Natalie. Both of them not so subtly ease dropping. "Blake, Natalie." He nods.

   "Bring her back at a reasonable time." Blake says trying to keep a stern face.

   "That would make me a gentleman, and you know I'm anything but." He shoots Blake a wink and I follow him out.

   The walk is quiet down to the car. I thank him when he opens the door, and get in. He sighs and looks at me, "You're acting awkward." Me? Awkward? Definitely couldn't be me.

   "I'm not acting awkward."

   "Yes, you are."

   "No, I'm not."

   "Yes, you are."

   "No, I'm not."

   "Yes, you...if any of our friends were here they'd say we're acting like five year olds." I was so close to saying I'm not acting like a five year old you are, but I think that would just prove his point.

   "Let's act like this isn't a date."

   "This is a date?" I ask sarcastically. He rolls his eyes at me. "Fine, this isn't a date."