04

It wasn't the most eventful day, not in the slightest. It dragged on forever and the stares from the other students became a little too obnoxious. If they wanted to come up and talk to you, it would've been better than them whispering to each other while eyeing you with suspicion.

"Yo new girl," Sasha waves at you from down the hall. "Want to go grab something to eat?"

"I can't," you stop in front of her with an apologetic look. "I have practice."

"Oh you actually go?" She laughs.

"Yeah, that's what a manger does. But how about we rain check for another time?"

"Okay here me out," Connie pops up out of nowhere and starts to follow you both outside. "There's a party tonight as a back to school kind of thing. You two coming?"

"I'm not sure..." you frown and think about how your dad would react if you asked him.

"Okay well don't just say no. Think about it."

You reach the field house and turn to look at Sasha as Connie keeps walking to get changed for practice. "Alright. I'll think about it."

"Give me your number." Sasha takes out her phone and you read it off for her. "Expect a text later."

You give her a smile and walk into the field house, finding some of the guys blocking the hall to your dads office.

"Excuse me," you push your way through the three boys.

You're rather tired after the boring school day and you'd like to go home and sleep than hang out in the blazing heat with a bunch of boys.

The office door is open, so you head in and collapse onto the couch with your bag beside you on the ground. The AC feels like heaven.

"Long day?" Your dad chuckles from where he's sitting at his desk, probably going over plays.

You lift your head up and give him a playful eye roll. "You try being around idiots all day."

"I am, sweetheart," he stands up. "Now how about you take that hateful energy and go set up practice. We're working on tackling drills so grab some of the guys and get them to bring the tires and the other crap to the field."

It's not that you don't want to help, you're just completely and utterly exhausted for some reason. But you need to do your job, so you roll off the couch and grab a water from the mini fridge they gifted your father.

You hold the cold bottle in your hand and take the back door to the storage room to avoid the locker room full of changing boys. You'll have to wait until they get dressed into their practice gear before asking any of them for help.

A few minutes pass of you waiting by the door to the shed which is the next building over from the locker room. A few players exit from the door, so you push yourself off the side of the building and cut them off from going to the field.

"Could I get your help taking the tackling gear to the field?" You question the large boys. Most likely line men.

"No problem," the tall blonde smiles. "My names Reiner and this is Bertholdt. We appreciate your help by the way."

"Me too. Thanks," you smile and lead them to the shed where you have to put in a passcode on the padlock to open the door. "I just need the tires and then the tackling sled."

The two boys enter the shed and begin rolling out the gear. You take the time to grab the hand held pads and drop them off at the field.

"Final answer?" Eren walks up to you with his helmet in his grasp.