14

"So what will it be?" Sasha questions at the cafeteria table with you, Connie, Reiner, and Jean.

"I'm still thinking," you sigh and dip your carrot into some ranch and then plop it into your mouth. "It's this Saturday?"

"Well duh that's when Halloween is," Connie laughs. "I thought you were smart, y/n?"

You glare over at him and bite into another carrot, the snapping sound echoing between you all. Everyone goes into their own conversations and you glance around the cafeteria.

"Yo, Marco!" Jean suddenly shouts and waves at someone behind you.

You turn around and find the familiar freckle faced baseball boy. "Hey guys. Y/n," he gives you smile.

"You guys know each other?" Jean looks between the two of you. "Oh is this the girl you took-"

"Yeah, mhmm," Marco hushes him. "Oh I'm getting my headlight fixed today, thanks for letting me know about it."

You smile and nod, knowing it's Eren's observation skills that led you to messaging Marco last night. You two ended up texting for a couple hours before you fell asleep.

"What brings you to the cool kids table?" Reiner smirks at Marco who is still standing behind you. "Baseball boys not allowed."

"Oh shut up, Reiner," Sasha hits his shoulder with force. "Have a seat, Marco."

You look around and see the only space is on yours and Connie's side, so you move over and let Marco sit beside you. His knee brushes against yours as he slides into his spot.

"Your mom pack your lunch?" Jean leans over the table and tries to peer into Marcos lunch bag.

Marco nods. "Here," he passes Jean a rice crispy treat.

"Thanks man," Jean tears open the package and bites into the treat.

"So Marco..." Sasha smiles and reaches into her bag and passes the party flyer over. "Want to go to a party tomorrow?"

Marco looks surprised and then turns to face you "Oh um... Are you going?"

"Of course she is!" Sasha laughs and answers for you. "Right, y/n?"

You narrow your eyes at her and then decide that it would just be easier to go to the party than listen to Sasha beg you to go.

"Yeah I am," you shift your gaze to Marcos. Now that he's so close you can see his eyes are a warm honey color with little specks of black in them. "You should come so we can be miserable together."

"Yeah please come, Marco," Jean smirks at his friend. "It'll be a blast."

Marco glares back at Jean and then agrees. "I guess I can come. It'll be fun," he smiles over at you.

Lunch comes to an end and you all part ways.

~

You decide that your friendship with a Marco is becoming kind of a headache. He's sweet and kind and someone you could see yourself liking, but with your issues with Eren right now, you don't think adding another boy to the mix will be a good idea.

So instead of going to ceramics class, you go and take a nap in your fathers class while he goes over tonight's game plan.

You don't really need to go to ceramics since you've finished all of your projects for the week already. You're sure you can miss a day.

~

"Wake up, kid," your dad shakes your shoulder and startles you awake.