21

You're standing out in front of your house with your bag slung over your shoulder as you wait for Marco to show up. He texted you saying he was almost here, so you decided to save some time by just waiting on the sidewalk.

Eren's truck is already gone so you're going to have to find him at school to let him know you won't need to avoid each other anymore and that he is actually allowed to play in tonight's game.

A car turns down your road and you recognize it as Marco's. You take in a deep breath and check your phone one last time before you get inside.

"Hey," he looks over at you from the drivers seat, his hair fluffy and eyes like a puppy. "Thanks for meeting with me."

You let out a sigh. "Yeah well... I'm not gonna pass on a free ride to school."

Marco smiles tightly and then starts to drive. You aren't going to be the first to talk since he's the one who wanted to meet, so you stay quiet.

When you finally pull out of the neighborhood, he speaks up. "So about what I said... I'm really really sorry about it. I um- I guess I was just offended that you clearly didn't reciprocate my feelings and I wanted you to hurt the way that I did, which is not okay at all and I can not in any way excuse my behavior. I messed up and I want you to know I'm truly sorry."

You take in his words and ponder whether or not you should just let it slide. Other than this one thing he said, he's been rather nice to you and you don't see any reason why you should be upset with him forever. You've said out of pocket things before and regretted them as soon as they left your mouth, so if you wanted forgiveness from what you had said, then you should allow Marco the same courtesy.

"I appreciate your apology, Marco. If you make sure to not slut shame me again, then I think I can let this go," you smile, trying to make it a light joke so he knows you're not too mad about it. He did hurt you, but you're feeling rather forgiving today. Maybe because you can finally talk to Eren in public again.

Your relationship with Eren was just becoming serious before you were forced to avoid him for a week and you want to go back to the way it was. Your days always seemed a little brighter and your smile a little bigger.

"I won't. I promise," Marco reassures you. "So, are you coming to Ceramics today?"

"Maybe," you shrug. "I might."

~

You get to school and Marco parks in the perfect place. Right across from Eren's truck where he's hanging out with his friends.

"Thanks for the ride," you pull your bag over your shoulder and slide out of the car. "See ya later. You going to the game?"

"Probably," he gets out as well and looks at you from over the top of the car. "See ya."

When you shut the door and turn to see if now is a good time to tell Eren, you catch him already looking at you. He doesn't look particularly upset, but he's definitely not happy. Maybe because you got a ride from Marco... But it doesn't matter. You'll explain the situation and then tell him the good news.

He's standing with Sasha, Armin, and Connie, and that girl from before. The beautiful one who was talking to Eren after the game. She's still wearing grungey looking clothing and her pale skin just adds to her elegance. You can't help but feel a pang of jealousy.

"Hey," Sasha waves ecstatically. "Now that you're not managing, did you want to go to the game together?"

"Oh, yeah, sure. Sounds good. Um, can I borrow Eren for a moment?" You bring your eyes up to his and he looks at you suspiciously.