10

How is it Thursday already? You swear the weekend never happened and the first three days of the week were a blur.

You spent your weekend wondering if you'd see Eren, but he never left his house. You saw him at school but he went from class to class and didn't meander in the hallway to socialize like he did last week.

The only explanation you have is that his father has him focusing on school and football. Nothing else. You'd appreciate him saying that to you personally, instead of you having to assume. He hasn't spoken a word to you other than a 'thank you' yesterday when you gave him a water bottle at practice.

"Y/n, look out!"

You lift your eyes just as you hear Armins warning and right after, a dodgeball smacks you directly in the gut. The wind is knocked out of you and you have to brace yourself by placing your hands on your knees and taking in deep breaths.

"Might want to go walk that one off kid," the coach comes up to you and pats your back twice before blowing his whistle to resume the harsh game of dodgeball.

"Good idea," you gasp out and shuffle over to the gym door.

You start walking down the hall with your hand rubbing gentle circles on your stomach. It hurt, but you don't think it hurt enough for you to really need to 'walk it off', you just want to avoid the class.

"The cos he's daughter is skipping?" Connie stands up from taking a sip of water from the drinking fountain and wipes the stray drips from his mouth and chin.

"Oh yeah," you nod. "That's enough physical activity for me today."

He falls into step with you. "Don't you have to set up practice? That's pretty physical."

"Not today," you shake your head. "I'm helping set up team dinner at my house."

"Oh right we're doing that now," he jumps up in excitement. "I'm excited. What are you making?"

You shrug. "Guess you'll have to wait and see."

"No fair," he whines and slows his pace as you near one of the science class rooms. "This is my stop. I guess I'll see you after practice."

"Bye Connie," you wave and continue walking down the quiet empty hall.

Your stomach feels as though a ball never hit it, so you decide to turn around and head back to the gym. Class should be out soon anyways.

A classroom door opens down the hall and you see the familiar shade of brown hair that is pulled in to a half-up bun. He's dressed in a navy blue hoodie and a pair of black cargo pants.

You're not the person who typically calls out to someone, but you couldn't help yourself. The moment you saw Eren you were calling his name.

His solemn eyes looks down the hall at you. You can see his shoulders rise as he takes in a deep breath. He sticks his hands in his hoodies front pocket and walks up to you.

"Hey," he scans over your outfit before meeting your eyes. "Cute outfit."

You look down at your black mesh gym shorts that hit just above your knee and the grey t-shirt with the schools Titan mascot on the front of it. "Thanks. I was really going for that athletic look."

"Well you pull it off," he keeps a good distance from you with a slight smile on his face. It's not a genuine smile though. He's forcing it.

There's a few seconds of silence between the two of you and you scratch at your collar to distract from the awkwardness.

"You coming over for dinner tonight?" You question even though it's stupid. It's mandatory for the captains to come.

"Yeah," he nods. "You going?"