25

You have to repeat his words in your head to fully grasp what he's just said to you. It's silent between the two of you and all you can do is stare with confusion.

"You what?" You clear your throat. "When?"

"Before the game tonight," he rubs the back of his neck with a sigh. "It didn't mean anything."

You back away from him and turn around, trying to think things through. You just admitted to kissing Jean so that means you can't get mad at him for being honest about kissing Mikasa... right? Why does what he did feel so much worse than what you did though?

"Y/n?" You hear him stand.

"It didn't mean anything?" You repeat his words. "Did you kiss her or did she kiss you?"

He's quiet.

You turn around and find him staring at you.

"Well? Which was it?" Your eyes narrow with fear of his answer.

Eren presses his lips together. "I kissed her."

"Oh..." you nod, trying to wrap your head around it. 

It's just confusing to you since he had just told Mikasa to take a hike back at Jeans house. So he obviously didn't mean it in a I-want-to-get-back-together kind of way.

"I guess it was just a moment of weakness. I'm sorry, I wish I could say why I did it, but I don't know why. It just happened ," he sighs.

You finally are able to process everything and decide on what to say. "It's not like we're together. You can do whatever you want."

"Well if that was the case then you didn't have to tell me about Jean. But you did," he steps closer. "You did because you didn't want to hide it from me. We aren't together, but you still don't want to do anything that might mess with what we do have."

"Like kissing your ex girlfriend?" You let your words slip out without thinking, but you don't exactly regret them either.

Eren swallows and takes a deep breath. "Is this going to turn into an argument?"

"I don't want it too," you mutter. "But I'd also like to know if it's going to happen again. If you want to be with her, then don't let me get in the way."

Eren scoffs and looks off to the side before returning his eyes to yours. "It won't happen again. I don't want to be with her. I want to be with you and if that means I have to wait around for you to figure out what you want, then so be it. I'll wait."

"You might be waiting for something that will never come," you frown. "This seems like a doomed relationship. Once September hits, it's over."

"You also said you'd never get with a football player," Eren smiles with amusement and grabs onto your sides, pulling you in to him. "Look what's happened since you've told me that. And I'm a patient person. So I can hold out for you."

You see his point. "This is different though. I just don't want you keeping your hopes up for something that could never happen."

"So be it," Eren shrugs. "I'll take what I can get."

You lean your head against his chest and melt into his body. It's getting colder and colder out as each day passes and you're really feeling it tonight.

Eren tightens his hold on you and you warm up from his body heat. "It won't last forever, but even a minute with you is enough. Just don't go around kissing Jean anymore. Even though you're not mine, I don't want to share you."

"I could say the same for you," you smile sadly, your eyes on the ground.

"I have no plans to kiss Jean," Eren laughs.