15

You wake up with the sunlight seeping through the small cracks in the blinds. After a big stretch, you grab your phone and find that it's still on Eren's text when you unlock it.

No more games.

What does that even mean?

You rub your head with your free hand and think about what you should respond with. Should you even respond? What's there to say?

You: what?

Yeah... that sounds like a good response. You send it and get out of bed, feeling groggy from oversleeping. It's already twelve and you have to find a costume for tonight's party that you somehow got roped into going to.

Well, you wouldn't say you 'somehow got roped into going' because when Sasha implied you were going, you remembered that mr.popular will most likely be there too and you can finally apologize.

~

"Hey sweetie," your dad looks at you from the dining table, his eyes peeking over the top of his laptop. "What do you have planned for the day?"

You shrug. "I need to go into town. There's a Halloween party tonight that my friend invited me too and I don't have anything to wear."

"And you just assumed you had permission to go?" Your dad scoffs, half joking. "Will there be drinking?"

"Probably," you sigh. "It's a high school party, dad. But don't worry, I'll be responsible."

There's no sense hiding things from him anymore. He's strict, but he trusts you. It's other people he doesn't trust. Yes, you'll tell him most things, but there is no way you'll tell your dad about Eren and you.

"You can take my car," your dad points at his keys that are on the table.

You thank him and then head upstairs to get dressed so you can go get a costume for tonight. You have no idea what you want to be, you just need to see what's available.

After getting ready, you get into your dads car and turn it on. You glance back at Eren's house as you begin backing up and you see his truck is gone. You're curious as to where he is, but you know you shouldn't be.

~

You get into town and park your dads car, then search all the shops on the street for one with Halloween costumes . Every small town has to have one, right?

It's been fifteen minutes and you've yet to come across one. You're sure you can find something at your house that will work, but you'd rather not have to do that.

"Y/n!" You hear the feminine scream of Sasha. You turn around and see her running up to you with a bag on her arm from a store. "What are you up too?"

"I'm looking for a Halloween costume," you sigh.

"Really? You're actually coming?" She grins. "I can't believe it!"

You give her a weak smile and nod.

"Well there's a store down that street that most everyone shops from. It's nice, but it is also Halloween today so I'm not sure they'll have a good selection," she points to the left of you. "I'll come with. Let's go."

You let Sasha drag you to the store and hold up a bunch of costumes up to you, seeing if it's your style. It takes a while of searching through racks, but Sasha finds a nurses costumes hidden deep in the rack and convinces you to buy it.