06

Today you woke up with a nauseous feeling in your stomach. You're genuinely nervous about seeing Eren at school and in order to avoid seeing him before that, you decided you need to actually make the bus today.

You get dressed and grab the lunch Heather made for you and leave the house. It's hot already and you regret the hoodie you pulled on last minute, but that the least of your concerns.

The bus isn't here yet, so you lean against your mail box and cross your arms impatiently. You try not to look at Eren's house in case he can see you or walks out, so you stare down at the ground instead.

Minutes pass and still no sign of the bus. You contemplate asking Heather or your dad for a ride, but you also want to give it five more minutes incase you go inside and the bus comes.

"Do you want to ride me?" Eren's voice calls from across the street.

Your head jerks up with shock. "Excuse me?"

"Do you want to ride with me?" He points his thumb behind him at his truck with a curious expression.

"I'll be fine," you shake your head. "See you at school."

"Okay," he turns and throws his bag into his truck bed. Just as he does, the bus comes down the road and stops in front of your house. You get in and sit in the first open seat, wanting to get off as soon as the bus arrives at s hook. Luckily there's not a lot of kids, probably because most get taken by friends or parents.

Maybe Eren was right about only losers ride the bus.

~

You should've just ridden with Eren. It would've saved you a lot of time and a headache. Apparently the bus here picks up middle school and elementary kids as well as high school. The quiet ride turned chaotic as soon as the younger students got on.

Now at school, you're in a bad mood again and hoping there won't be anymore run-ins with Eren. He didn't seem to make anything awkward and that makes you wonder if what you two did last night truly didn't mean anything to him at all. But it could also just be in your head.

"Did you come to the party?" Sasha questions as you approach your locker which she's leaning against with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in her hand .

"For a few minutes," you shrug. "Not my kind of thing so I left pretty fast."

"Well that's because you didn't come hang out with me," she frowns. "I would've made it fun."

"I'm sure," you laugh lightly. "Maybe next time. I gotta go now though."

You decide you should go use the bathroom before your first class starts, so you walk into the stall and do your business, then listen to a couple girls enter the bathroom.

"You heard about the new girl right?" A females voice catches your attention.

"Y/n?" Another responds, clearly intrigued. "No. What happened?"

Not being a fan of eavesdropping you go ahead and leave the stall and eye the two girls standing in front of the large mirror above the sinks.

"Yeah... what happened?" You narrow your eyes at them.

They share a shocked glance and then meet your gaze. The one who was talking first decides to continue to tell her story. "We heard you left Jeans party with Eren Jaeger."

"And what if I did? It's not really any of your business," you pull your backpack higher on your shoulder and give her a confused look.

"You're right," you snickers. "But let me guess... He took you to the field." You don't have a response to that, so she continues to talk. "It's not the first time he's brought a girl there. I guess he wanted to give you a nice welcoming gift."