20

It's been brutal.

You haven't been able to talk to Eren and the only sort of contact you have had is longing glances in the hall. There's been a couple times where you've been standing in the same group but one of you has to make up some sort of excuse to get away in case someone misinterprets the situation.

Now it's Thursday night and you've been sitting at home alone since your dad and stepmom at the team dinner at Armins house. You were obviously not invited.

You have just gotten out of the shower, your hair sticking the back of your neck as you stand in front of your closet, holding a towel around your body. It's kind of chilly and you're trying to find warm pajamas to wear to bed.

But before you're able to decide on something, a soft tapping on your window brings your attention away from the closet.

You jump slightly at the sudden noise, but allow your erratic heart beat to settle once you see Eren's familiar smile outside your window.

A confused expression overtakes your excitement as you walk over to the other side of your room to slide open the window.

"What the hell are you doing here?" You laugh lightly as he holds onto the side of the frame. "Shouldn't you be at team dinner?"

He shrugs. "My dad told me that I shouldn't go since I'm not playing tomorrow and I figured you wouldn't be allowed to go, so I snuck over here."

"I think you should still go..." your mouth turns down but then relaxes. "...however I think I'd rather you spend time with me. It's been a while since we've been a me to talk."

He smiles, showing off his perfect teeth and glinting eyes. "So... Are you going to let me in? My dad might see me up here."

"Right," you pull your screen off and set it off to the side, leaning it against the wall. You then step away from the window to allow him to pull himself inside.

He seemed to have gotten on top of the roof that's above the front door. He's tall, so it probably wasn't very hard for him to do. It's still odd to see a boy entering your room from a window though.

Once inside, you look over his body, checking out his clothes and his pulled back hair. He's wearing a plain black long sleeve, dark washed jeans, and a pair of grey sneakers.

"Cute," he chuckles and you bring your eyes back to his, finding him smiling at your towel. "It's stylish. I like it."

You tilt your head and give him a blank expression. "Mhmm. Thanks." You lighten your features and then turn back to your closet to find something to wear.

"So," Eren flops down onto your bed and takes hold of your stuffed turtle and sets it on his lap, playing with the fins. "How have you been?"

You grab an old band tshirt and pajama pants and then shrug. "Boring. I am either at home or school, so there's not much for me to do. How about you? How's practice?"

"You mean sitting on the sidelines and watching everyone else practice? Yeah, it's great."

"Seriously?" You give him a shocked look. "He won't even let you practice?"

Eren shakes his head.

"I mean I expected my dad to be a little upset and take me off the team, but he's going way overboard by punishing you the way he is," you head over to your bathroom door, but before going inside, you look at Eren. "I'll talk to him and see if I can get him to come to his senses. You deserve to play in tomorrows game."

Eren chews on his lower lip and sighs. "No, it's okay. I don't want you to get into any more trouble because of me."

"Well you're in this mess because of me, so I want to fix it. I'll be right back," you shut the door and change into your clothes and brush out your wet hair before joining Eren again.