12

Wednesday

"You can just come over," Sasha slides a flyer over to you. "Alcohol is provided and everything. I just need you to bring some snacks."

You glance down at the orange paper decorated in black spider web outlines and a bold font that says 'Sasha's Halloween Bash'.

"I'm not big on parties, I've already told you this," you glance up at her at the cafeteria table with Connie silently taking gold fish from your ziplock bag beside you. "Specially if it involves a Halloween costume."

"I know," she pouts. "But you owe me."

You raise your eyebrows in confusion. "For what?"

"For..." she glances around as she ponders. "For...um, being your friend when no one else would."

You scoff in amusement at her remark. "Sasha, I have other friends."

"Like who?" She challenges you.

That's when it sets in... You really don't have any other friends. It's been three weeks since school started and you tried to befriend Eren but now he hasn't talked to you since last Thursday at team dinner. Which was almost a week ago. You haven't talked to anyone else really. Well...there's Armin.

"Armin is my friend," you state confidently so you don't sound like some pathetic loner. "And he doesn't force me to go to parties that I have no interest in."

Sasha sighs and lays her head on the cafeteria table. "Fine. I give up. Come if you want, just know I'd really like it if you showed up in some sexy costume."

"Why do I need to be in a sexy costume?"

"Why not?" Connie smirks beside you. "Everyone's gonna expect you to show out if you came."

"Because I'm the new girl?" You cock an eyebrow.

Connie shakes his head. "No. Because you're the coaches daughter. Everyone thinks you're like super prissy. No parties. No drinking. Good grades. You have this sweet girl smarty pants image and people are laughing about you."

"I don't really... care," you roll your eyes. "I'm not here to impress anyone, Connie. I'm here to graduate. They can have whatever opinions they want about me, it doesn't change anything about how I see myself or who I am."

"Confidence. That's hot," Connie lays his chin on his hand and stares at you with admiration.

"Keep it in your pants," Sasha throws a grape at Connie which hits him in the nose. "You're not her type string bean. She likes them tall and beefy."

Connie scowls at her. "I'm ta- Beefy. I'm very beefy."

"Just because your mom tells you that, doesn't mean it's true," she jokes and he tosses a gold fish her way and misses. "And that's why you're the kicker."

~

You show up to practice later than you wanted, but that's because you went home to change. The morning was rather cold, so you thought it would stay pretty chilly throughout the whole day, but when you stepped outside for your free period you came to the discovery that it's almost 85° in late October.

"There you are," your dad scowls. "Where were you?"

You roll your eyes lightheartedly. "I texted you, dad. I needed to change."

He glances down at your grey colored Nike running shorts and plain black black t-shirt. "Well go get some waters ready, it's hot as hell."

"Yes, sir." You salute him and run off.