17.

-TIME SKIP-

senior year started about 2 months ago and its been a smooth ride till now, it hasnt been as hard as i thought it would be but im not going to jinx myself. for the past month or so izzie has been so busy with school work and her family that we haven't seen each other in a while, we sometimes call at night but thats mostly it.

theo and i have been hanging out a lot lately, helping each other out with school work and just going out together in our free time. shes into music which i think is pretty cool and she draws amazing art in her free time. ive been trying to text izzie as much as possible but she isn't replying to me so thats useless, i miss her so much.

today is the last day before christmas break, i drove myself to school and once i parked i unlocked my phone and texted izzie:

"hey iz, wanna hang out today since we have break. i really miss you"

i sent the text hoping for a quick reply but nothing, i sighed and closed my phone getting out the car and walking into school. i went up to my locked and leaned against it and opened my phone once again, staring at the message i sent just waiting for a response. "hey case" theo said walking up to me, but my mind was still concentrated on the message. she saw that i was distracted and looked at my phone, "still no reply huh?" she said making me look up at her and nod "yeah..it's stupid whatever" i said trying to act as if it was deeply hurting me, i shove my phone back in my pocket and close the locker.

"what are your plans for today?" she said as she opened her locker which was right next to mine, i lean against my locker and look at her. "ill probably just stay in my room all day, i dont have the energy to do anything" i said as i shrugged "also my dad is coming back home today and mom told me i have to be there which is fucked" i continued. "well im going shopping to get some stuff for christmas, my dad gave me a list. wanna come with?" she said, this is basically my excuse to get out of seeing my dad today.

dad hasnt been around much, he just comes by for a day or two and then leave again to go stay and my grandads house. im not complaining but today i think he comes back for good, the reason why he left was because of me and well also my mom. they had a huge fight about me, and well obviously i had a fight with him too. he left because he wanted some "air" which basically means away from me, but it didnt bother me that he left im actually glad he did.

"fuck yeah, an excuse to not see my dad im down" i said as i stood up straight holding on to the strap of my back, she laughed and nodded. "alright ill see you then pick me up at 6" she said before closing the locking in sync with the schools bell, i nodded and left to go into my class.

the whole day ive been just checking my phone, every minute, every hour, yet still no response. i may just give up at this point, i would call her but she did tell me not to call her until she replied because her mom may be there or she might be busy. she is being really distant and i dont know why, like did i do something?

i was in my last class, i wasnt even paying attention to anything the teacher was saying. my thoughts where just clouded, she was the only thing i was thinking about. this is the only class theo and i take together, so we decide to sit next to each other.

theo has short boyish curly hair and wear round glasses, she is about izzies height or a little taller and has the same body type as me. her style is basically men's clothes and street wear, ive never met anyone in our town like her. which makes sense because she doesnt even use to live here, she moved here from los angles so we has a lot of conversations about LA because soon ill be moving there, which is really exciting.

—————————

i just got in my car to go get thoe from her house so we could go to the mall, i blast music as i was driving trying to let go of the thoughts that were implanted in my brain. izzie. izzie. izzie.

at first we had a routine, calling each other every night. then it became every other night. then it became once a week and now it's basically never. i seriously do not know what suddenly happened but its either i did something that i dont know about or she is just being distant with her own reason.

i hate this.

.