21.

the phone kept on ringing and ringing and i was reconsidering my decision of calling, i started fiddling with the ends of my shirt getting anxious on whether i should wait or just hang up. once i removed the phone from my ear to hang up i suddenly heard a muffled "hey" and i immediately pressed the phone against my ear again.

"hey...hey, hi" i said getting really nervous. "i wasnt expecting a call this soon, is everything ok?" she said "yeah, kinda i just wanted to ask if you wanted to um talk about it?" i said closing my eyes shut and lean back against my pillows. "yeah, yes of course." she said almost immediately, "can you come over now? if youre ok with that." i spoke as i heard her sheets ruffle indicating that she got up from the bed. "yes ill be there soon" she said, we said our goodbyes and hung up.

i put my phone down on the bed and let out a deep sigh and closed my eyes again. i am not going to let this happen, ill do whatever it takes for us not to break up. i love her too much to let her go that easily. first it was my dad getting in between us and now her mom, i swear its getting really annoying. its not just about me, she deserves to go live her dreams and go to her dream college. she isn't supposed to take care of kids that is her mom's responsibility, they are not her responsibility its her moms and she shouldnt be held back from having a future because her mom cant do her job.

after a little while i got a text from izzie saying shes outside the door. i immediately jump from my bed and ran down the stairs, my dad and mon gave me a weird look but i just ignored it. i opened the door seeing her standing there with her hands in her pockets, "hey" she said lightly with a weak smile. i mover away from the door so she had room to walk in, she did and we walked up to my room.

i walked in the room after her and closed the door almost immediately, she turns and looks at me as she was standing there a little awkward. "im sorry for all thi-" i immediately cut her off, pulling her closer to me by her waist and kiss her softly. she lightly put her hands on the back of my neck as she leans into the kiss more, making it feel like its our last kiss but hopefully not. she slowly pulls away and leans her forehead against mine as we both let out a light sigh.

"please dont do this izzie" i said softly with my eyes still shut. she pulls back from me and we both open our eyes and look at each other, she placed her hands back in her pockets. "there is no other choice." she said and she looked away from me and sat down on the bed, "no, we can work through this we always do." i said as i walked up to her and sat next to her. i grabbed one of her hand, pulled it out of her pocket and held it tightly. "i love you izzie, please dont do this to me" i said softly as i was looking at our hands.

"and i love you too, but i cant help but feel like im always the one pulling you back from life. as ive said before, im not good for you casey." she said as we locked eyes, i shook my head continuously. "no, you are not the problem here and neither am i. its your mom" i said and she took a deep breath, "you dont think i know that?! casey i know shes always been the problem, but i always have to deal with her shit and clean up after her messes! i have to take care of the kids and make sure they dont turn into addicts like my mom! i have to make sure they study, they graduated, they have a better future than i will ever have because im the fucking oldest! i have to deal all of that by myself and it wont change!" she said and broke down afterwards.

i couldnt help myself but tear up as well, she goes through so much and it pisses me off that cant help her with any of it. i really want to help her but i cant do anything about it and its driving me crazy. i wrap my arms around her and pull her closer to me as i let her cry onto my shirt. i rest my chin on the top of her head with my eyes closed. she slowly pushed me away sitting up straight and wiping her tears away, as she was staring at the wall. i went to go hold her hand but she immediately moved hers away.

"i cant do this anymore casey." was the last thing she said before getting up and leaving the room leaving me alone as i started crying.

-1 last chapter coming soon yall👀