Chapter 10: Smells like murder!

The morning sun shone through the loose folds of the large drapery as you tried to lift yourself in a daze. You were brought back down and turned over as you felt his arm having a strong hold around your waist.

I can't even get up. He is so clingy! You thought as you tried to pull away his arm that kept returning.

" Hey." You spoke softly in his ear, as an attempt to wake him up. "It's time to wake up."

"Hmm?" inches away from your face, he lazily stretched as he tried to focus his eyes.

"y/n . . . can we lay like this for a bit?" he faced you with a lopsided smile while his speech slurred in a restless manner. "I'm too comfortable."

" Only for a couple minutes, but we can't lay here all day!" You sighed as he looked down with a sense of unease; or possibly something different that you seem to not capture. "What's wrong?"

"Oh! It's nothing y/n, nothing at all." He closed his eyes in an attempt to doze off without further discussion.

***

You couldn't bring yourself to fall asleep with the lingering stench of blood that stung your nose to repulsion as he cuddled beside your shoulder. You never noticed how pungent this odor was and it's strange effects on you. Though you didn't move away, and you knew that you couldn't.

Do all murderers naturally smell like that, no matter how much they shower?

The last time any of them showered was when they were born in the hospital you thought of trying to make light of the situation that caused your eyes to sting a bit. Perhaps not even then.

" Okay maybe that's enough sleeping" you nudged his arm that sprawled across your waist as he rubbed his eyes. Out of instinct you smelled his cardigan to find where that smell was coming from.

" It's not me!" he crossed his cardigan on his chest and looked out the window distantly. (divorced middle aged mom-core) " it seems I have forgotten a body . . . I think so anyway"

" I'll just go and make breakfast but you have to pick up whatever it is as soon as possible!" You practically jumped out the bed to the bathroom with such lithe movements despite the heaviness of your limbs and your under-eyes. You didn't bother to think twice of how suspiciously he looked out the window, and the thought that maybe he wasn't talking about a body at all.

*** time skip brought to you by the vulgar back of the class " hot cheeto kids" who think they're better than everyone in my school. Yes, it's personal.***

You stood by the kitchen counter rummaging through recipe books left behind in the house. Most recipes seemed delectable enough, but you didn't think you had enough cooking ability to go through with them.

You opted for omelettes, which seemed easy enough to make. You looked inside the fridge to see if the ingredients were good enough and got all your eggs and as you tried to look for any seasoning, all you could find was ketchup and salt.

Does anyone here use any seasonings anymore?

"y/n!~" You felt someone, most likely Brahms, pull your waist back towards him in an attempt to startle you. " I'm done!"

"Stop sneaking behind me, it's not gonna work!" you grabbed his hands to try and let go of his grip on you " Do you have any seasonings here by any chance?"

"We have salt" He smiled for a moment before he continued " and ketchup."

"You're joking." You chuckled in disbelief as you looked at the empty supposed seasoning rack. " I'm going to go into town to buy at least some seasonings after breakfast. We could eat some cereal for now."

***

" you're going to leave me so soon, y/n?" He frowned and continued, " I can't be away from you for so long."

-Author's note-

Sorry for the long wait, I'll try to update more frequently. The fanfic does seem to be going slow but in the next chapters I plan on doing something more "intimate" (not smut, Smut is not my specialty. Wish I could write it though but for future fanfics I might try to find someone to co-write spicy scenes for me.)