Chapter 14:Delectably inviting

Approx an hour later

y/n's pov:

The German apple cake turned out moist and dense just as the recipe follows. But nothing could possibly be more dense than the air that had revolved around the room When important matters needed to be discussed.

We hadn't interacted properly after the awkward aftermath. Not that I was absolutely opposed to it, but what would have this meant for the both of us?

We silently sat down on the mahogany dining room table that stretched to frame the large window with its faded architecture from age. It opened pleasantly to a stretch of fallen leaves that were simply a fleeting trace of the summer trees that loomed gorgeously from the gentle winds. 

The leaves began to gather and pile in vibrant colors around the window, facing the freshly baked cake that welcomed the autumn with its clear cinnamon apple smell. 

'The end of an age' signifies the coming of fall, the end of old connections and lost possibilities.

    There was something so morbid about the distance they sat away from each other, and the silence that followed of forks scraping china.

" Your lips are very sweet," Brahms looked up at y/n sheepishly as his fork twirled in his mouth "Like the cake."  

Y/n stood up suddenly with cheeks prominently flushed, pushing the chair back that scrapped the wood. Brahms followed this action suit, grabbing their wrist that attempted to pull away.

"I am not perverted y/n" He spoke calmly as he dropped their hand, "You know I do love you" 

Y/n stood at a loss for words, trying to collect thoughts that seemed to freeze faster than the roads beyond the window. Brahms subconsciously patted his hands at his sides out of nervousness of his confession. 

He had spoken with honest diction, and y/n understood the feelings that had been veiled under a pretense that everything was out of courtesy or perhaps obligation. They had known about this newfound interest, or perhaps something that was originally stifled under the dirt of his mask and gradually developed to break the fragile porcelain.

His hips did have shape but today he didn't seem to hide that fact, thought y/n. That was all they were able to think about in the moment, but nothing that can be said out loud. Their mind was in a huge disfunction, but they knew something must be said before Brahms' skin would turn as cold as the glass of the wine. 

"I do love you too but i'm absolutely terrified" their throat felt tight out of knotted anguish but remained placid in nature, Brahms emotions tend to override in great intensity as rain does with its own thunder. Both individually intimidating yet an enticing force of nature. " my love for you terrifies me"

*****

Authors note

It's so cringe

I want to try making a long chapter next

Cashapp in my bio if you want to support :) along with requests——Hey! Its been a while but i do plan to update more frequently. It seems I have gotten rid of my writing block. I hope to post the next chapter at the end of the week or earlier. Im also going to do editing (plenty) of the story and make some stuff longer but thats when i finish it. Feel free to send requests or support in anyway!! Being a part fanfic writer and a student is something im balancing but i do enjoy it :) <3