Chapter 8

Your head was spinning, the colors of the world bright and whimsical. Did you slip something in my drink, or is this love? Her lips were soft like rose petals, the sweet taste of wine made you melt deeper into her arms. Is this love? Suddenly, you were ripped from Alcina's arms, her sweet embrace no longer around you as Moira's grip ripped you from your wonderland and felt cold stone on the side of your head. You couldn't hear what they were arguing about, the sound of ringing in your ears.

Daniela and Bela lifted you off the ground, Cassandra pressing a cloth to your temple. "Why can't you tell I love you?" Moira cried out, bits of Alcina's dress bound up in her fists. "Moira, I don't love you. I love (Y/N)." Alcina spoke calmly, a growl resonating deep in her throat. "(Y/N) doesn't love you! Can't you tell? They tried to run away from you and yet you can't see that I love you!?" She whimpered out. You managed to get up, Cassandra getting another cloth to apply more pressure. "Moira, you have a lot of fucking nerve to ruin this night." The world became more dizzy, Cassandra's voice felt staticky. "I need to go to bed..." You mumbled, your head lolling to the side. "Cassandra, take (Y/N) to the infirmary. I'll deal with Moira." Alcina spoke up.

Your stomach twisted and turned as Cassandra helped you. "What does Moira know about love... I've already confessed to her and it went right over her head..." You heard her mumble in bitterness. "I think you're rather swell." You huffed out as Cassandra laid you down and brought over some needles. "Thanks... Also, I'm sorry for drugging you when we first met. Mother really wanted to see you up close. She loves you a lot, she just has a weird way of showing it. You don't have to forgive me for what happened, I wouldn't blame you if you didn't." Cassandra's words became less staticky. "I'll forgive you if you tell me about your mother and why she's obsessed with me." You finally sat up, Cassandra finishing with the stitches and Bela bringing you some water.

"Mother has been very lonely. After Ethan Winters came by and she dealt with him rather quickly after he escaped Uncle Heisenberg at the church. When Mother Miranda got Rose all to herself, she pretty much left us. So, she's been dying for company. When she initially saw you and what you did for the village, she fell for you and had Daniela befriend you. Everything Daniela found out, she told mother." Cassandra dabbed some alcohol over your stitches and placed a bandage over your wound. "All set." You gave a soft nod to her words and took the glass of water Bela brought. "This will help." Bela whispered, sitting beside you. "Daniela is helping mother with Moira. It's getting bad."

You zoned out, not processing Bela nor Cassandra's voices. Do you truly love me, or am I just someone to fill a hole that can't be filled? Do I love you? Do I hate you? Your heart fluttered at the thought of her kiss. Your lips are so soft. I want to feel your lips again. Cassandra gently nudged you, breaking you out of your thoughts. "Let's get you to your room." She whispered. You got up, joining the two on your way to your bedroom.

What did you do to me, Alcina? Why are you making me feel like this?