Chapter 23

Alcina found the right grip on Moreau, dragging him into the cave. She could feel the anger inside her rippling through her muscles, her eyes focused on the squirming fish man. "You really want to destroy my relationship? Do you have any idea the lengths I went to for keeping them beside me?" Alcina hissed out, throwing him into the cave.

As Moreau struck the wall of the cave, Alcina removed her jacket and scarf, tossing them aside. She found hold onto Moreau's legs, flinging him into the air and slamming him into a column. I'll teach you not to take from the claws of a dragon.

Alcina didn't care if Moreau tried to run away, even if his legs were broken. She took a couple steps forward, brutishly gripping his head. With every strike of his skull against the cave wall, she heard him attempt to speak, moving him from the bloodied cave wall and throwing him at the other.

"That was not a loving relationship, you coward of a woman. There was no true love in your actions, only obsession." Moreau groaned out. Alcina knew he couldn't see her, his face covered in blood. You don't know real love. What we have is special.

Bristling from his words, Alcina marched forward, claws extended. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she wanted to give the man mercy. "Give me one reason I should spare you." Alcina grumbled, preparing his death. "The others will find out it was you, turning their backs on you." Moreau's words struck Alcina, her claws sheathing. "Stay away from my lover and I. Don't ever speak of this with the others."

Alcina picked up her coat and scarf, heading out to the carriage. As she got in, she saw you studying the honey. "I trusted you. I thought that the first and only time you drugged me was just an act of desperation and you wouldn't do it again." Your tone made Alcina's heart ache, guilt burning through her. "Little bear, I-" Alcina stopped, seeing you flinch at the name. "Don't call me that... I just... I want to go home," your voice but a whimper, "now, please." Little bear... Alcina tried to pull you close, but as you gently knocked her hand away, she understood.

The ride to the castle was quiet, Alcina going over everything in her head. How can I fix this? How do I fix this? I need to keep them beside me? Donna? No. She will be mad... Do I keep giving them mead? Yes. No. No. Alcina stared out the window, her mind rushing with thoughts. Moira was right. I am just a monster.