Chapter 27

Alcina watched as maidens placed down shining plates. "This is your test." She explained. Lifting the cover, Alcina could feel her mouth water at the scent of a grilled tenderloin steak, human grilled tenderloin steak. Are you going to be brave? Alcina watched you poke the steak, your face twisting slightly in disgust. Alcina cut into her serving, taking a bite.

She watched you do the same, a smile coming to her lips as she chewed. I think that bite was a little big for you. Alcina watched you sit and chew, your face twisted in confusion. Alcina swallowed her piece, cutting your steak into smaller pieces.

"Mother, (Y/N) is a grown adult, I'm sure they can cut their own steak." Bela pointed out, seeing you awkwardly chew and slowly manage to swallow. Alcina shot Bela a glare, a reminder that she understood but wanted to keep you close. When your steak was fully cut up, Alcina went back to eating, hearing you give a soft "thank you" and take bites of your smaller pieces.

"I remember when mother did that for us. We were getting a grip on how to cut human steaks. She has the chefs cut our meat now." Cassandra recalled, her meal halfway finished. Daniela nodded in enjoyment, finishing her food rather quickly.

Alcina finished her meal, seeing that you had finished your food. "Did you enjoy your meat?" Alcina asked softly, running her hand up and down your back gently. "It wasn't bad." You shrugged a little.

"Good." Then we'll continue on with your transformation. Alcina had kept a special strain of Cadou just in case. It was the same used on her, but it was modified without Miranda's knowing. Modified to offer the best possible chance of survival with vampirism.

Taking you to a secluded area, Alcina did her best to keep you calm. She gave you the tiny Cadou organism, giving you her blood to wash down the fungal creature. After that, she laid you down in a coffin.

"I'll see you in 42 hours." Alcina whispered. "What if I don't change properly?" You ask.

"My little bear, I'd never forgive myself."