Chapter 11

It had been 40 days since Alcina sent you back to the village, 47 days since she last saw you awake, 47 nights she crept into your bed and slept beside you. Alcina wanted to be able to sleep beside you with you knowing, but it felt more natural for her to slip in without you knowing, until you found out. She had been sleeping rather heavily and didn't wake up until she heard your footsteps. That was when she ran off, then saw you only hours later with all of your belongings.

Alcina felt so tired, drunk from just three bottles of wine. When you cornered her, she realized that this was not the alcohol. This was you. Why? When you pulled Alcina down to your level, her heart started to race. Your lips against her own, your small hands moving from hers to her face, wiping away a tear. A second kiss, then a third. The fire was reignited. Alcina snaked her arm behind you, lifting you up. The memory of your words stung, but a new thought came to mind. I'll make your heart beat for me too.

Laying you on the couch, Alcina's fingers went under your shirt, hearing a soft gasp from you. She could easily feel your ribs with her fingers, making her touch lighter. I need to be gentle. The only light being the fireplace, she pulled your shirt up and slowly moved her hands to your chest. She had stalked you for so long, but feeling under your clothes, touching your skin like this? It was a line she never crossed in your sleep. Her fingers lifted your bra, her gaze locked on your flesh. Her heart was racing, hearing a soft moan escape from you followed by a whimper of approval shocked her, making her pull away. I'm too drunk to consent to this. Alcina pulled your bra and shirt down, quietly apologizing.

When rays of light poured from her window, Alcina opened her eyes with a throbbing headache. She looked down, her heart stopping. You were in her bed, cuddled up to her. Alcina slowly pulled away from you, silently leaving the bedroom and trying to remember last night. Sex couldn't have happened, she had slept in her clothes. Maybe... Maybe we didn't... Alcina looked at her hands, remembering your soft skin and the sound of your voice. I'll make you mine.