[15] Trouble

Solana

I wake up to the same dark room I always wake up in, and I stretch out my arms only to feel emptiness.

Where the hell is Michael?

I hear glass breaking, and I jump up and stumble blindly to the door, then throw myself out into the lighted hallway.

"You piece of-" I hear another voice like something is being broken, and I speed up my walk to a jog, then step into the living room to see Daniel and a few of his friends all standing around. But I nearly have a heart attack as Michael is handcuffed and bloody on the floor.

"MICHAEL!" I scream and run full force to him, but Danny snaps his fingers and a big guy steps out, quickly and painfully snatching me up.

"Let me go!" I scream louder and squirm in his grasp, kicking and screaming like an angry toddler. My eyes get blurry as I stare at Michael's swollen and bloody face, and I feel like shit to know while I was having the best sleep since being kidnapped, he's been in here being beaten.

"Solana, how generous of you to join us. You've always been very caring, babygirl." He smiles, but it doesn't reach his eyes, so I know he's pissed.

"Now, where was I? Oh right, did you think I was stupid enough to leave you here all day while in school for you to just do whatever you want with my girlfriend?" He grits, staring down at Michael's mangled body. He coughs up blood and then breathes out loud enough for us all to hear.

"Well, you were stupid enough to leave us here alone together all night long." He groans and I bite my lip, wishing he didn't say that. Danny's face turns into the angriest scowl I've seen, and he brings his foot back and kicks it forcefully into Michael's ribs. I honestly think I heard a crack, and I close my eyes and start crying softly. The guy holding me shifts me a little, and I use the opportunity to try to get out of his grip to help Michael in some kind of way.

"Hey!" He shouts, as I go limp and slip out of his grip like little kids do. I sink to the floor and I crawl quickly towards Michael and set myself up so I'm towering over him.

"I'm so sorry." I choke out, and rub a hand through his bloody strands of hair. He doesn't say anything, but Danny clears his throat.

"Lana, baby? Please get up and get away from him so I can finish." He says gently, but I shake my head as I sob.

"You're gonna kill him. Please, Danny. Plea-"

"SHUT UP!" He snaps and I flinch hard.

"Just shut up and do what I say or I actually will kill him." He narrows his eyes at me and I whimper.

"Solana." He warns.

"I-"

"Bruce." He nods towards a guy close by, and he pulls out a gun and aims it towards Michael's head.

"NO!" I scream bloody murder, and he glares at me, but waits for Daniel's next command. Danny smiles evilly at me.

"Then get your ass up and away from him... now." He waits for my response, and I look at Michael who nods gently at me.

"It's okay, go on."

Tears fill my eyes, and I rub my hand down his cut up and swollen face, before shakily getting to my feet and walking far away from him. My eyes stay trained on the guy with the gun, and I'm stuck on him, making sure he doesn't kill Michael.

"Good girl, Lana. This is the pleasure I'm gonna be getting from you as long as I have him here too, your obedience." He hissed at me like a snake, and I hiccup from crying so hysterically.