[26] Ridiculous Grief

Solana
One Week Later...

"Did she eat it?"

"No."

"Fuck...she's going to die if she doesn't eat or drink something some time soon. I can't let her die."

Danny and his minions voice in my ears sounds like rushing water as I lay in my room with aching eyeballs and stare at the sunset seeping through the window. It's been a week since they took Michael for a 'walk', and when they didn't come back with him I knew they killed him.

I honestly didn't think they'd do it. I thought he'd come back with a beat up face, telling me to hop in the car and that we'd ride off and find our home town again, explaining to everyone how we were stuck in a fucked up situation. But no, that didn't happen, he let Danny kill him and I'm angry for it.

I'm angry at my dead boyfriend.

I stiffen as my room door creaks opened and then I wince as hands clutch my fiercely on my shoulders. I'm sat upright and I stare into determined blue eyes.

"Solana, you need to fucking eat SOMETHING! You have to stop this! He's dead, you killing yourself or starving yourself isn't going to do much." He whispers the last part and I shrug my aching bones, then look down at my tethered wrists and ankles. I'm tied up all the time now ever since three days ago when I attempted to hand myself in the shower.

What's the point of living?

I would've ended up killing myself even if Danny never took Michael in the first place. It's always been torture being here with Danny.

Michael was a lifesaver, but now that he's gone... I have nothing to live for anymore.

Danny sighs angrily and hoists me up into his arms. I weakly lay my head on his shoulder as he carry me out of my room and through the house. My eyes start to form moisture as I realize it's empty and has been for a week. I sniffle a little, then become aware of other people around as we get to the bottom of the stairs.

"Danny?" A soft voice calls out, but he ignores it and continues to walk me into the kitchen. My stomach growls painfully and I clutch at it the best I can while holding in my whimper. I don't deserve to eat. I basically killed my own boyfriend and I need to be dead as well.

I shouldn't have much longer now.

Danny leans forward and opens the fridge, digs around then closes it and soon sits down. He leans me back so we can see each other's faces.

"Please Solana, eat this." He offers me a quarter of a subway sandwich, but I just turn my head and tear up. The tear falls out of my eyes and I glance up to see Danny staring at me with a look of almost torture on his face.

"Damn, Solana. You really know how make someone feel like shit." He places the sandwich on the table, pulls me up and hold me close to him. I don't argue as I kind of need it.

I'm so heartbroken, I've never felt this way before. Danny leans me back again so he can look at me and we both just stare at each other. I freak out as he starts to lean forward, intending to kiss me.

Fuck no!

I can't stop him as I'm still tied up, but thank god whoever he has over gasp loudly and prevents him from placing his killer lips onto mine.

"What the fuck, Danny! You were gonna kiss her!" The voice shrieks loudly and I realize it's Alicia. She's back again even knowing he has me captured here. Danny scoffs.

"I'm sorry... I can't fucking help it, I still have a soft spot for her in my heart." He admits to her and Alicia whines.

"Let her die, baby! She doesn't want to eat, oh well! Come lay with me and watch tv. Let Michael occupy her or some shit." She says and his name is like acid straight onto my heart. Sobs bubble up to my lips and I wiggle out of Danny's embrace, falling out and straight to the floor.