[19] Adjustments

Solana

I just want to wake up and have everything be a nightmare. I'm sick of crumbling under disasters and having emotions and thoughts that never really end well with me living at the end of them. I always think the worse, but I don't think I'm crazy by not thinking the good.

"You're not crazy, you're just sick." Michael says gently to me and I panic, but then my relax mode intensifies as I become aware of right comforting arms wrapped around me. I suck in a deep breath and stare Michael deeply in the eyes.

"H-How did you hear my thought?" I whisper. I half expect him to say he's a mind reader, then start moving shit around the room with his telekinesis powers, but he just smiles gently, unwinds an arm from around my waist and use that hand to brush hair out of my eyes.

"You were groaning out, 'I'm not crazy' so I just commented to let you know that no, you're most definitely not, just sick." He whispers. I breathe heavily and look at him through half open eyes and smile.

"How sweet of you, Michael. Thank you. You have no idea how special and important you've become to me." I mumble and shuffle closer to him, resting my skin against his. I rub my face in his neck a little and love it when he starts to talk and the deepness of his voice rumbles and resonates through me.

"Stop flattering me, Lana. If anyone's special and important, it's you and I don't need you arguing with me on this, so just smile and wrap your arms around me tighter." He says knowingly and I do all of that, earning chuckles from him. My smile slowly starts to fade as I have a mini coughing fit. Michael pats my back gently and I blush as I just coughed into his neck.

"I'm so sorry." I swallow and get rid of the raspiness in my voice.

"That was nasty." I finish and he laughs.

"Yeah, just a little, but it's okay."

I feel 50 shades of embarrassed, but giggle a little as it is funny. We lay in silence and I look up at the glimpse of sunlight streaming from the small roof window.

Our lives together would probably be so much different if we weren't captured in here.

The thought of it saddens me, but I suck it up and close my eyes, drifting off back to sleep.

~•~

Months Later...

"I don't even understand what the point of all this is anymore." Michael mumbles and then since as I dab at his busted nose too hard. I bite my lip in concentration and give him a sympathetic look.

"Just because he can, babe." I mutter and once I get all of the blood drippings cleaned, I lean forward and place a kiss on his nose. Smirking at me, he speaks softly.

"You missed." I roll my eyes and lean forward again, placing a kiss on his lips. My body warms up and I feel like I'm slowly melting, but he pulls away before I do.

"Much better." I give him a weak smile and sigh in frustration as I wrong out the bloody face towel into the sink and start dabbing at the gashes on his face. My blood starts to boil.

"What the fuck is his problem? You barely say anything to him like you use to, yet his bitch ass and his bitch crew still jump on you. It pisses me off, and so does the fact that you let him." I bite down on my lip and he smiled tightly.

"Well if I fight back, they'll kill me and I'm sure you want me here." He says and my heart stings painfully at the thought of them killing my everything for the past six months. I swallow the thickness in my throat.

"I know. I-I'm sorry, I just don't like to see you getting beat on like that and then have to see you hurt." My voice wavers and I calm down a bit as he wraps his arms around my waist and place a kiss on my hand that's dabbing the rag on his cheekbone.