[6] Time Out

Solana

"HELP!" I bang on the log cabin walls hard, screaming so much that my voice is starting to go out, but I've seen movies like this.

I have some kind of idea what will happen to me here.

I always somehow end up getting hurt by the ones I love, I don't understand it, but I do know it's terrifying not knowing who to trust. Tears stream down my bloody face from my forehead wound dripping blood occasionally, and I wonder if Danny and his friends actually went to school, knowing that they have me locked up here, in the middle of nowhere.

How far am I from the nearest road? How far am I from home? Are there wild animals out here that could kill me!?

I silently start thinking of the craziest things possible to happen and I realize after a few minutes of panicking, that I need to just calm down. I need to start thinking of a way to get the hell out of here, or a way to get Daniel to stop with all of this crazy shit. I get up from the floor by the door and study my bruising hands from banging so hard.

I'm determined to get out of here.

I look around the room and see an old looking chest at the end of the bed, so I slowly crawl to it, not being able to handle the pain of walking due to my aching body from being tackled down twice. Finally reaching it, I sit up straight and undo the latch, finding small knickknacks and such, including lots of supply boxes.

I reach in and start digging through them, throwing everything all over the place, just trying to find something to help me and my stranded ass out, and I finally find a paper clip. I scramble off the floor painfully and limp towards the door, throwing myself against it and bending the paper clip to contort itself into the keyhole of the room I'm locked in. I jiggle it around and really try to concentrate. I'm not even sure if this will work, but I'm crossing my toes that it does, cause I need at least one chance.

One chance to end this nightmare.

I hear a faint click, as if the lock bolt released itself, and I gently twist the knob, laughing tiredly as the door creaks open, allowing me access to other parts of the small cabin. I slowly walk out of the room, taking my time, not wanting to hurt or wear myself out even more. I look around the halls as I notice this is Danny's grandparents old log cabin that his parents got in the will.

How the fuck could he bring me here???

This is not a place I want to be, given it's history in the past and obviously now. I angrily grip the log walls and speed up my limping, then stand still as I look at the beautiful living room.

Maybe I can just pretend I'm at an amazing resort-

Yeah right.

I look around and see windows, two to be exact, and I see the door, which is my main focus. I get to it quickly with some motivation, and grab the knob, twisting it to find that it's locked.

"No, no, please no." I groan, jiggling the knob and bursting into tears as the sound of chains jingling ring my eardrums. I should have known that it couldn't be that easy. I'm chained up inside of this cabin with no way to get out.

My first thought after the door being a fail is to slump against the ground and cry about my suckish life, but then I glance at the window and practically run for it, but widen my eyes in fear as I see the lever to open it was disassembled... gone.

I really am trapped.

Okay, so I can cry and slump to the ground now.

I slump quickly and just bury my head in my hands, ignoring my forehead gash that stings horribly as it rests in my hand. I've never been one to be stumped and have no clue as what to do next, but I seriously have no idea what I'm gonna do. I'm really trapped. No possible little spot or hole to not even let out the smallest bit of air. I perk up a little and shake with nervousness.

I could try something else...

I get up and head to the kitchen, pulling open drawers and looking for something to hurt him with. So far, every drawer is empty and I feel tears spring to my eyes as I feel all hope is gone, but I dash them away and look harder.

"Come on, come on!" I whisper shout at myself and get low, digging in another drawer full of papers. I lift them up and gasp as I see a small rectangle square sitting there innocently, but it's anything other than innocent.

A box cutter.

I pick it up and close the drawers, making the kitchen look like it did before, and I shakily press the lever and slide it up, revealing the fairly long triangular blade.

If I have to use this I will.

I jump as heavy footsteps are heard by the front door, and I realize that someone's coming in. Oh shit, do I stay in here or go and act like I'm asleep still?

Fuck it.

I hold my hands behind my back and stand against the wall facing the door, as chains hit the ground and Danny steps inside, not even seeming surprised at me being out of the room.

"Smart girl, you found a way out of the room." He grins, closing the door behind himself and then chuckles.

"But not smart enough to get yourself out of the entire cabin, hm? And I bet you remember this very well too." His sky blue eyes glimmer with humor and I breathe heavily.

"Fuck you, Danny. Everyone's gonna notice that I'm missing." I snap and he nods slowly, walking up to me and crossing his arms.

"And no one's gonna really care either. You don't have friends anymore, Lana. Remember? You lost them all. Just. For. Me." He smirks and I feel my blood boiling with anger, making me swing my arm out, slicing him across his forearm, but he grabs my wrist with his other one and holds my hand in place, straight in the air with the box cutter in plain sight.

"You sneaky bitch. I knew you had something behind your back, you never stand with your hands hidden. I know you too well, Solana." He blows out an angry breath and snatched the box cutter from my grip, holding it with his other hand.

"I think you need a time out." He grits out, and does the last thing I would've expected him to do.

He stabs me with the box cutter, right in my stomach.