[28] Get It Together

Solana

"I've been trying." I whisper in defense, but Danny's hand still swings out and slaps me across the face. I tumble down onto my bed and quickly curl up into a ball, trying not to scream out in agony as his huge hands come down repeatedly after one another and beat me. He punched me hard in my sides, rib cage, head... everywhere!

Tears are rolling down my cheeks and I flinch as I can feel his last hit and it's almost brutal. He yanks me up so he can see my face, then punches me dead in the nose. I shriek as pain explodes throughout my face, then I cup my hand to my nose as blood starts seeping out. Danny growls at me.

"You now know what I'm about. You will not fucking die on me, I need you here-"

"For what? Huh!?" I choke out bravely through my sobs. His blue eyes darken and he picks up a handful of my hair.

"Are you really questioning me?" He asks and I nod. His grin is sadistic.

"Because you deserve it. For you trying to run me in our relationship months back. Well let me ask you something, who runs things now?" He chuckles and lets my hair go, by smacking my face down into the mattress.

I stay still until I hear him leave the room, then I roll over and lay on my back. Tears spring to my eyes as I curl up on my side and remember how it felt to be held close every time I laid like this.

But I don't want to cry... I've cried way too much and by the way that I look in the mirror and feel, it's becoming unhealthy. I need to stop, seriously, Michael would be devastated with me, let alone disappointed.

The thought saddens me, but I slowly sit up and run a hand through my messy hair. I get to my feet and wince, but make my way out of my room and to the bathroom and start my non-moping with a nice hot shower.

I need to stop letting Danny beat on me, it's making it seem like he's won and I won't let that be the case. I'm now in my room towel drying my hair and I bite my lip as a painful memory comes drifting back in my head...

~•~

Flashback

"Let me dry your hair." Michael whispers as we stand in our room, slowly drying off and dressing after our shower. I look over my shoulder as he pulls on his boxer.

"You can't. Danny didn't buy me a blow dryer." I say and he chuckles, coming over to me with his hair still dripping droplets of water. He grabs my towel from my head and starts ruffling it underneath.

"See, we don't need a dryer. Towel dry, Solana." He explains and I look up at him as he gazed above me, concentrating on drying my hair. After he finished, I feel it to see it's only slightly damp and should air dry in less than half an hour and I smile.

"Thank you, baby. Now, come sit so I can do you now." I grab his hand and my towel and lead him to the bed. He sits down and I giggle as I climb up onto his lap and wrap my legs around his waist, then start towel drying his hair too.

His hands gently lay on my back and he calmly drums his fingers along, creating a soothing pattern. I smile softly and toss the towel on the floor, then wrap my arms around his neck tightly and kiss his cheek. He lays back and we lay like this for however long before he starts to talk softly, his deep voice rumble through me, lulling me towards unconsciousness.

"Is it always like this?" He murmurs and I press my lips to his neck.

"Is what always like what?" I ask and he sighs.

"Being in love always so unfulfilling. I feel so attached to you, yet not enough. I want to hold you even tighter. Is it always like this?" He asks again and I smile.