[1] You Choose

Solana

Impatiently waiting on the bell to ring, I think of how my life has erratically changed over the years. Nothing really turned out how I expected, but then again with my luck, anything could happen. The bell finally rings, giving everyone a heart attack, and I gather my things, escaping out into the hallways.

Okay, maybe if I move quick, I can get out of here without Daniel spotting me.

Daniel... Daniel Ealy happens to be my poor excuse of a boyfriend. He absolutely makes me shudder to the bone. If I were told ahead of time that he was gonna miraculously make it onto the varsity football team his sophomore year and become a complete jackass by the beginning of our senior year, I would have left his ass right then and there.

But hey, I'm a vulnerable girl who was convinced that he wouldn't switch up because of the spotlight.

Somebody please slap me.

I get to my locker and do the combination, throwing the door open and putting a few things inside. It's a relief that I don't hear Danny and his friends coming down the hall, so I'm very lucky today.

Closing my locker, I hike my backpack higher and make my way out of the school, waving to a few of my peers on the way out, and the small smile set upon my face quickly falls as Danny is sitting on the hood of his truck, surrounded by his jock friends.

"There's my beautiful girlfriend!" He announces, sending unwanted attention my way. I smiled tightly and wave slightly at him and try to walk home, but he jumps down and jog towards me with a huge grin on his face.

His friends all whoop and holler, catcalling and showing off like the dumbasses they are, sometimes I wonder how Daniel even got dragged into that. He wraps his arms around me.

"Solana baby, I missed you today." He places a gentle kiss on my temple.

"Where were you during lunch?" He asked, his eyes searching my face for an answer before I speak.

"I had a lot of work to do in the library. Can we talk later? I have to get home, my pare-" I start to say, but he thinks he's a fucking God who can interrupt me.

"Honestly Solana, fuck your parents. It seems like they never want us to hang out anymore." He spats, making me look at him like he's lost his mind.

"That's because they don't, Danny. And don't you ever disrespect my parents in my face, you fucking ass." I spat, slapping his arm. His friends burst out into laughter and I feel my blood boiling.

"I'm so sick of this shit." I snap, pushing him away from me.

"Sick of what shit?" He asked, his blue eyes swimming with confusion, and I angrily throw my hands up.

"This! Us! THEM!" I scowl, making his friends boo me and flip the bird along with their slick ass comments. I roll my eyes and flip the bird back at them. Danny looks over his shoulder then turns back to me.

"What about them?" He asked, stupidly.

Of course that would be his first question.

So fucking oblivious.

"They are nothing but a bunch of fucking assholes and lowlives! I'm so fucking sick of you being corrupted by them, Danny!" I say, clearly fed up at this point. He scoffs.

"Baby, please. They aren't corrupting me, you're my everything. Nothing else matters, no one else matters to me like you do." He says softly.

"Oh yeah? Then choose, me or them." Crossing my arms angrily, I glare at him and he chuckles, looking over at his snickering friends.

"Lana baby, you can't be serious."

"Oh well, I am." I step away from him and rolled my eyes again at his nosy friends.

"You know what? Don't choose, I'm just done with you." I shake my head in disgust and step back to take in his shocked expression.

"You're what?" He whispers as his truck full of friends quiet down to hear better.

"I said I'm done with you, Danny! Do I have to spell it out for you? I want to break up with you!" I snap and he steps forward.

"No Lana, please-"

"No, Danny! You've changed and I'm sick of it! I don't want to be with a fake ass like you anymore!" I shake my head, disgustingly and turn to walk away, but he grasps my hand.

"Solana, please." He mumbles lowly, embarrassed by the show we're putting on, and I snatch my hand away from him.

"No-"

"Wait, I'll make it up to you. Give me one more chance. Tomorrow night there's a kick off game  for the beginning of the year. Come, I'll have a huge surprise for you." He reaches up, stroking his short curly hair and I cross my arms.

"I don't-"

"Please Lana, I need you. I guarantee it'll be the best night of your life. I'll make it the best night of your life." He says, blue eyes burning with determination and I frown, not really wanting to give him the opportunity to redeem himself, but he did use to be someone I deeply cared about.

Maybe I can get that back from him...

Maybe I can get him to stop being the hotheaded asshole that the school and his jock friends force him to be.

"One chance, Danny. You do anything to fuck it up, I'm leaving and we're history, got that?" I raise my brow, ready to be done with this conversation and he lets out a deep breath.

"Okay." He mutters, looking behind himself to see his friends staring intensely. I then turn and walk away, finally making my way home, but I stop and furrow my brows as he shouts after me one more time.

"You'll wish you never wanted to break up with me, Solana! I promise you that!" He says loudly, followed by his friends laughing, but I just rolled my eyes and keep on walking.

Just ignore him, Solana.

He's all talk.