[16] Pain And Disappointment

Michael

Did she really just say she loves me?

Her eyes look nervous, and I run a hand through my hair achingly and I frown.

"Solana, I have some strong feelings for you, but... I don't really know if I love you." I say honestly and her face falls.

Shit.

"I-It's okay. I honestly don't know why I said it. I guess I just got caught up in the moment." She quickly stammers out, then jumps up and looks around quickly.

"I'm gonna go bring you the cover off the bed and a pillow since you probably don't want to move." She speaks quickly and softly. I want to explain myself to her better, but before I can offer it, she leaves out of the living room like the floor is on fire.

Way to go, Michael.

I lay back on the ground and wince as everything hurts, and every time I take a breath, something in my torso stings and burns.

Probably a broken rib.

Damn, I should've just told her I loved her back...

Do I?

She makes me want to change for the better, but does that mean I love her?

Life and women are so damn complicated.

I close my eyes briefly, then open them as soft footsteps approach me. I look over to see Solana walking towards me with the stuff in her hands, and she's deliberately covering up her face.

"Here..." She trails off, and drops them to the floor, but quickly bends down and hides her face as she makes a small pallet off by the side of the couch to keep me out of Danny's view I guess.

"Can you crawl over there?" She asks, and points to the pallet without looking at me, and I blow out a tiring breath.

"Sure." Getting to my hands and knees is painful, but I manage to crawl my ass over there and land in a pained heap.

"Shit." I breathe out and am grateful when she comes over and lays a thin blanket on top of me.

"Thank you." I sigh out, and she nods then quickly disappears back into the room.

I definitely just fucked shit up between us by boy saying I loved her back.

Damn.

~•~

Solana

I cried when I left him and I still am. I have no clue what's wrong with me, but I just feel so hurt by him telling me he can't say it back. I mean, it's pretty shitty of me to just expect him to love me, but little does he know that I've basically had feelings for him ever since he tried getting me to sleep with him.

I have some issues.

I lay in a ball on the bed and cry muffled into my mouth, then I flinch as Michael weakly calls me.

"Fuck." I mutter and run into the bathroom and flip the light switch, happy to see the light comes on.

Danny didn't remove all my light from this room.

My face looks like shit though, and there's no way in hell I can let Michael see me like this. Then he'll know he really hurt me. I turn on the water and turn it colder, then I splash it onto my face, making the cool water make my skin look refreshing.

Perfect.

I turn the water off and leave my face damp, then I leave the room and go back into the living room.

"Sorry, I was washing my face." I whisper as I get back to him and kneel in front of him. His brown eyes are regarding me passively, but he doesn't question me.

"You alright back there? Alone, I mean?" He blinks a few times, then reach out and grabs my hand and I nod.

"I'm fine." I keep my response short and simple and he nods.

"Okay, I just wanted to make sure. I care about you a lot." He adds, and it hurts me, but I throw on a fake smile.

"Yeah." I say not really feeling comfortable with saying I love him again...

It just will hurt to know he's not gonna say it back.

~•~

Danny

I quickly push the shopping cart around the store as I think of things Solana loves to eat. I get Oreos, fruit snack gummies and some orange juice, knowing it's her favorite and I add them into the cart with some important food and water and turn a corner, bumping into someone.

"Shit, sorr-" I stop speaking as I look at a familiar face with brown eyes, except for these are bloodshot. Her nose is runny and she looks drained, and it looks like she dragged herself out today.

"Oh, hey Audrey..." I mumble nervously, and she looks at me with a shocked expression.

"Danny, how are you?" She asks, and I shrug.

"Managing." I say softly.

"How about you?" I ask and she glared at me.

"Do you even need to ask? You can look at me and see how horrible I'm doing. I came out just because I need food. The therapist said coming out and buying some of Solana's favorites to eat will make me feel better." Her voice wavers and I swallow past the lump in my throat.

"Oh." I say awkwardly, and she swipes at a tear falling.

"I just miss my baby. They're trying to say she ran away, but she wouldn't. I know Solana wouldn't." Her voice starts to crack and I know she's about to break down, but she quickly moves her cart and gives me a small smile.

"Goodbye, Danny." She sniffs, then flies off down the aisle.

Damn... how awkward was that?

I hope she feels better...

Too bad I couldn't let her know her daughter is perfectly safe and alive with me.