Chapter 45

The exact day we went on a date, and the day I randomly run across his father on the grocery store... I told him about the encounter while we're heading our way home.

And I was shocked towards his response after that.

He kept bombarding me with questions. Take note, inappropriate ones. It seems like he's mad for some unknown reason.

I don't exactly know what he's pointing out... But I'm perfectly sure he wasn't happy with the fact that I met his dad by myself alone.

He's acting like there's something I was hiding from him. It seems like he doesn't want me to be in touch with his dad as well. And I just don't get why.

I had his strange feeling that I only chose to neglect sooner. Nope, what I was thinking was impossible.

"Hey! Yuhoo! Earth to you Aria." I almost stumbled hearing Marco's voice.

Oo nga pala, nandito ako sa bahay niya.

She's seating across me, with her legs crossed, wearing her typical maroon silk bathrobe. This is her usual attire when she's home.

"I'm sorry I was just preoccupied this days, but anyway... Where are we?" I questioned her before I decided to lean my back on the couch.

She swirls her wine glass gracefully, before taking a sip.

"This is why I hate having long term commitment sh*t. Look at yourself, you're having a twisting bum and being too busy with some petty anniversary celebration that doesn't even deserve to be celebrated. Drama lang yang event event na ganyan, tapos bandang huli lolokohin ka pa'rin naman ng mga gunggong na yan."

I just rolled my eyes at her.

"Yeah right, parang ikaw lang noh? Atsaka, is there such thing that's worthy for your toast, other than how you bustled over a-miles-away d*ck, just for a butty call. What a perfect thing to celebrate, hmm?" Pinag taasan ko siya ng kilay.

I was referring to the PBA player she just hooked up with, last month.

I heard that the guy was one of the local representative and a top line-endorser of their company.

Smart work for Marco, of course the company needs an exposure on a wider scale, and the player needs sponsors too. So, it's a win-win situation after all.

"B*tch." She pursed her lips before putting down the wine glass to the center table.

Dumiretso siya ng upo. Her wide legs are in full showcase.

"I phoned Elixir yesterday afternoon, apparently, the hotel is no longer accepting reservations till March. Even VIPs or first class and such. They are fully booked already—"

"Till March?! What the hell?"

She simply smirked hearing my complaints.

"Mare, it's a posh hotel exclusively made for the bougies. I barely even make an appointment myself, what do you expect?"

"Y-yeah, but... God, it's not even december yet, and they are already fully booked till March?"

"Sad to say, yes." She made a face.

I throw my head back and lay on the couch, disappointedly.

"So, is it a wrap?" I sighed and started fixing my things. "Just give me a bell when there are other vacancies on your other assets. Three or four stars will do, kung wala na talagang ibang available."

"So you're leaving already? Wala ka talagang utang na loob, akala ko pa naman pumunta ka rito dahil gusto mo'kong makita, hudas ka. Mang gagamit."

I stood from my seat. Pinasadahan ko ng haplos ang pencil skirt ko para tuwirin.