Chapter 49

I twisted my wrists for awhile, because it's starting to feel numb. I've been writing, for like hours now.

I'm currently in the library, and I've been doing some of Emman's home works. I know, he didn't asked for it. But I just couldn't watch him so overwhelmed with everything that's going on.

It's been three days since he told me he was terminated from the basketball team. And until now, he still couldn't function well. Tatlong araw na siyang walang tulog dahil pilit niyang tinatapos ang project niya para makahabol.

And I couldn't stand watching him with all the stress that's going on, and do nothing, knowing for sure I can lend him some help.

"What you doin' out there?"

I was dumbstruck when a not so familiar voice of a man whispered from my behind. I turn my head on him, and I was kinda surprised to what I saw.

"Timothee..." I mumbled, a little confused.

"Such an eager beaver..." He replied, looking at the table.

"Oh yeah, I was just—"

"Is that for Galvez?" He pointed his fingers to the paper scattered in the table.

I simply nodded my head, as I watch him sat beside me.

As I look into his face, I see amusement in his facial expression. Hindi napapatid ang tingin niya sa table kung saan ko ginagawa ang ilan sa mga activities ni Emman.

He picked up a piece of paper and read it.

"Estimating civil works... impressive. How'd you know these things?" Hindi makapaniwalang tanong niya.

"Well, I did ask some favor from most engineering students I know..."

"Cool. You know what?" He turn his eyes on me and smiled. "I've never told you this but... Galvez is lucky to have a girlfriend like you."

I was really caught off guard and I didn't know how to react.

"Ohh... uh, t-thank you. I appreciate that." I hope that doesn't sound so awkward.

"We've been friends since I can't remember, and I know how worse he went through. And I think you're one good thing that's happened to him, trust me." His eyebrows are low and concerned.

I couldn't help but to feel so much relief in my chest. That was the nicest thing I've heard so far.

"Thank you Timothèe, but really, it's nothing—"

"I hope he never loses you." I don't know what has gotten into him but he sounds so serious all of a sudden.

And what does he mean by that?

"Of course he won't. W-why are you telling me that?" nag tatakhang tanong ko.

Napa buntong hininga siya at kita ko ang pangamba sa hitsura niya. Ang hindi ko lang tiyak ay kung bakit.

"Hindi ko alam. Pasensya na, hindi naman kasi tayo madalas makapag usap. Hindi ko lang mapigilang mag alala kay Emman, lalo na ngayon na he's having a tough time. I'm just worried for him, you know... It's been ages since I last saw him like this. Stressed, preoccupied and most of the time exhausted. He looks tired."

"Y-yeah... I understand."

"You know how much a big help you are to him. That's why I'm hoping he won't ever lose you. I know it's hard dealing with him right now but I hope you stay no matter what."

When I look at him. I saw his genuine eyes. He's worried of Emman, I can assure that. He's my boyfriends best friend after all.

"Timothee, you have nothing to worry about. Taking care of him isn't much of a responsibility as I took it, but it's something I do out of love. He may be a little weary, but I'm not of him. I'm more than willing and happy to be here for him all the way, I never wanted more but to give best that I've got. I'm not going anywhere Timothee, never will I." I assured him. I even lightly patted his shoulder.