𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER ONE:❝︎I Want To Help❞︎

CHAPTER ONE:
❝︎I Want To Help❞︎

SHE RELIVED THAT NIGHT OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Every time she closed her eyes, she could see the blood that coated the walls, the bodies of her parents that she had murdered laying there at her feet. The sound of her little sister's voice and the fear that filled her body because she didn't want her sister to see what it was that Raelynn had done. She didn't want Aurelia to see her older sister―︎the one that she was supposed to look up to―︎as a monster. She wondered if her sister missed her, or hell, even remembered her. Even so, she knew that she wouldn't go near her sister until her issue was under control.

Raelynn was born with a curse. The dark bags under her eyes answered for that. She was born with the curse of going to sleep and having her dreams come to life. Whether that be a nightmare, or a dream. She didn't quite understand what it was that happened because, well, she was asleep. All she knew was that by the time she woke up, a trail of blood seemed to being leading straight to her. And the next morning news of a massacre would be on the television.

So, to say that she was number one on S.H.I.E.L.D.'s radar would be an absolute understatement. Raelynn had stayed in hiding for the majority of her life. After the death of her parents―︎which she was forced to convince the police that someone had broke in a murdered them―︎Raelynn had attempted to keep herself hidden from the outside world in fear of not being able to control her curse and hurting anymore innocent people. But clearly, that plan of hers had failed.

Sitting in the dingy apartment, the blonde haired woman pulled her hair into a messy pony tail, showcasing how tired she really seemed to be, seeing as her hair usually hid most of her face. She held the bowl of macaroni and cheese tightly in her grasp, her legs tucked underneath her as she looked around before grabbing the remote and turning the television on. Placing the remote down, she started to eat her food, narrowing her eyes at the television as it stated the whether for the next week before it immediately changed to something about the Avengers.

A frown fell upon her lips as she watched the Avengers, stuffing a spoonful of macaroni in her mouth as she let out a sigh through her nose. She had thought about it several times. Wondering if they would try to help her out once she told them what she was, what she could do. What she had done. Would they accept her because she had murdered so many people, even if she never intended for anyone to ever get hurt? Would they lock her up, experiment on her, make her a weapon. Raelynn had so many fears that she couldn't find it in herself to believe that the people that the world saw as heroes, were nothing more than people that wore a mask and put a smile on their face when they were true villains that the world believed in.

There were days when Raelynn wanted to hand herself over, there were days when she wanted to just give up, to just let the nightmare take over, but then she couldn't help but think of her little sister that was still out there, and suddenly she could fight another day. She had to find a way to her baby sister, that was the one goal that Raelynn's had the entirety of her life: to bring her sister home. But Raelynn knew she couldn't do that until she had control, and she knew that she couldn't gain control unless she sought out help.

But then those fear's clawed at her veins once again, and the desire for help went down the drain, leaving her empty and hopeless. That's what Raelynn's life constantly consisted of. It was a constant cycle of wanting help, having doubts, losing hope, remembering her sister, over and over again. She was surprised that she hadn't went crazy yet―︎well, she probably was a little on the crazier side, but she hasn't went full Mad Hatter just yet, which was something she was very proud of.

The blonde shook her head, clenching her jaw as she picked the remote back up and quickly changed the channel. A sigh fell from her lips as she finished her food before she forced herself to stand up and make her way to the kitchen, placing her bowl in the sink before deciding to go ahead and wash it. She hummed softly to herself before a knock fell on her door. Raelynn seemed to freeze in place, panic seeming to set in as she tried to think of who it was that could possibly be on the other side of the door.

She swallowed thickly, carefully cutting the sink off before making her way towards the door. She turned the television off as she passed by, stopping by her bedside table and quickly pulling out the gun that was placed in the drawer. She held it tightly and shakily in her hands, inching closer and closer before pulling open the door and quickly aiming at the prospect, ready to shoot.

"You're one hard woman to find, Miss Quinn." Natasha Romanoff stood there, barely blinking at the gun that was pointed at her face. She narrowed her eyes as she examined Raelynn for a moment. "Assuming by that look on your face, you know who I am."

"What do you want?" Raelynn hissed through clenched teeth.

"I want to help."

"I've escaped many people that have claimed they wanted to help me." Raelynn snapped. She cocked the gun. "What do you really want?"

"Well, I want you to put the gun down, but seeing as I know that's not gonna happen. . . I want to help reunite you and your sister. That's what I want." Natasha held her hands up in surrender.

Raelynn swallowed thickly, her voice a whisper as she spoke. "You know what I can do. Probably what I've done. Why do you want to help me?"

"Because, we're the Avengers. It's what we do." She took a careful step towards her, gently placing her hand on top of the gun and gently pushing her hands down. Natasha offered her a reassuring nod. "Let me help." And reluctantly, Raelynn nodded in response, and tucked the gun in the back of her pants.

" And reluctantly, Raelynn nodded in response, and tucked the gun in the back of her pants