𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER TWO:❝︎Choose Your Poison❞︎

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

CHAPTER TWO:
❝︎Choose Your Poison❞︎

SHE WAS NERVOUS TO SAY THE LEAST. Sitting in the car with Natasha Romanoff, who was already intimidating as it is, and heading towards the place in which all of the Avengers resided. It was all a bit nerve wracking for Raelynn. She bit on the inside of her cheek, her nerves gripping tightly on her as they pulled up to the giant building that was the Avengers compound. To say her mouth dropped slightly would be an understatement. She looked like a fish out of water.

Natasha parked the car before getting out, and it took a moment for Raelynn to collect her thoughts before getting out of the black car as well. She was nervous, her hands were shaky, her stomach was doing flips. She didn't know what it was that she walking into, but nonetheless she allowed a heavy breath to leave her lips before carefully following after Natasha. And as soon as they entered through the front door, her breath seemed to leave and she didn't know what to say. The outside was big, but the inside was gigantic and absolutely gorgeous.

"Wow." Raelynn swallowed thickly, turning her head to look at Natasha who had an amused smirk placed on her lips. Natasha nodded for the woman to follow after her, allowing Raelynn the chance to look around the building as she kept Natasha in her sights―︎Natasha having to regain her attention when she had stopped for a few moments in order to watch Steve Rogers and his girlfriend Liliya Petrova train some of the agents. And to say she was memorized at their movements would be an understatement. At the sound of Natasha repeating her name, the blonde was quick to clear her throat and quickly follow after the redheaded woman.

"So. . . where exactly is it that we're going?" Raelynn decided to question. She licked her lips, the sudden dry feeling of her throat and mouth grabbing her attention. She was nervous to say the least. She was nervous for so many reasons. For one, they had no clue who it was that they had brought into their facility. Maybe they knew. But they wouldn't truly know the outcome of bringing her here until they saw it take place. And once they saw what she could do, she feared they would shove her away or lock her up in order to keep her contained forever. Another reason, she was terrified that there was no way whatsoever to stop what it was that was happening to her. And she didn't think that she would be bale to handle that, knowing if that were to be true, she would fall apart.

"Well, to be completely honest with you Raelynn, that part is up to you." Natasha answered her, causing for the duo to stop in their tracks and for Natasha to turn around in order to face the blonde. Raelynn couldn't help but take a tiny step back, the assassin in front of her scaring her a lot more than she'd like to admit. Natasha Romanoff was probably one of the most intimidating people that Raelynn has ever had the chance of meeting―︎then again, she didn't really meet a lot of people due to her condition (as she liked to call it).

Raelynn pursed her lips for a few moments, cocking her head and furrowing her eyebrows in slight confusion. She didn't understand what Natasha meant. Was there certain locations? Limits? Could she convince Natasha to let her sit there and watch the agents train? Probably not. She shook her head. "I don't understand. What do you mean it's up to me?"

Natasha sighed. "Raelynn, you're someone important to us. We know what it is that you can do, and my job is to do everything in my power not to scare you away. Clearly I alone seem to intimate you―︎don't try to deny, I'm trained to know these things. And well, my boss, can be a little bit. . . blunt. So, it's either you go straight to Nick Fury's office, or we take you to the lab which is where tests will be run to see if we can find a way to help you with―︎"

"My condition?" Raelynn clenched her jaw as she cut Natasha off.

"It's not a condition, Raelynn." Natasha frowned as she shook her head. "There are people out there with unique powers, you are one of those people. Some have dangerous powers, some so dangerous that they need help in order to control or some times stop it―︎if you want to talk about that topic, I suggest talking to Willow Michaels, she knows exactly what that's like."

"Willow Michaels?"

Natasha couldn't help the small smile that curled at the corners of her lips at the mention of her girlfriend. "Yeah, she's uh, she's my significant other."

"Cute." Raelynn managed a small smile at this.

"Anyways," Natasha cleared her throat. "Choose your poison."

Raelynn stood there for a few minutes, pursing her lips as she tucked her hair behind her ear, trying to decide what it was that was best for her. She had never met this Nicky Fury figure, and from what Natasha has said, she had a feeling she didn't want to. But she knew that either way she was going to have to do just that, so what was the harm in ripping the band-aid off? A sigh fell from her lips as she looked up and met Natasha's forest eyes.

"Let's rip the band-aid off, and let's go meet the boss of the Avengers."

"

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.