𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER SEVEN:❝︎It's Okay❞︎

CHAPTER SEVEN:
❝︎It's Okay❞︎

IT WAS THE SAME NIGHTMARE. The one that she had witnessed over and over again, the one that broke her over and over again. The one that she saw every time she closed her eyes, every time she blinked. The nightmare in which she thought about every single day of her life since it had happened. She always knew what was coming, and yet the outcome was still the same. The heart break was till painful. The same scream always left her lips. But maybe that made her human.

Maybe witnessing her parents deaths over and over again kept her human, kept her alive because she believed that she deserved such a punishment. She deserved a harsh life, with the struggle to survive on her own because of what she did. She was the reason her parents were dead. She was the reason why her sister was forced to be sent away. She was the reason why she was alone, and she knew it. What she didn't know was why there was a creature that came out a night to kill people.

But that wasn't what was on Raelynn Quinn's mind. What was on her mind was her nightmare. Watching it happen again. She was standing there in her living room, tears flowing down her cheeks as she looked at the bodies of her parents. They were covered in blood, almost as if someone had taken a bucket full of blood and dumped it on them. Their clothes were tattered, their eyes widened with fear as they lay there unmoving. The blood stained the carpet, splashed across the walls in a not-so-pretty pattern. It was hard for her to look away from the scene.

The only time she did look away was when she could hear the footsteps. The ones that she hoped and prayed to everything up above that she wouldn't hear. She stared at the bodies of her parents for a few more seconds before Aurelia Quinn, only the mere age of six―︎or five, Raelynn couldn't remember―︎made her way into the room. Her teddy bear, the one that she had had since she was just a babe, was placed gently in one hand as she used the other hand to wipe at the sleep that filled her eyes. Raelynn froze in her tracks.

Aurelia Quinn and Raelynn Quinn looked almost exactly alike. Both of them had their vibrant blonde hair that reached the middle of their backs. They both held diamond blue eyes that their parents had always said was the most gorgeous feature that they both shared. Raelynn, being the oldest, was taller than her sister. But for a girl of Aurelia's age, she was pretty tall. Raelynn could see the confusion dancing in her sisters eyes, the sleep that overwhelmed her, but she was a little girl that couldn't but ignore the rhyme and be a curious little girl. They always were.

There was a mystery about their powers. Another thing that the two Quinn siblings had in common. With Aurelia having the ability to create vibrations and occasionally control emotions, her powers were just as dangerous as Raelynn's. But Aurelia's powers could be controlled, Raelynn's couldn't. And that's why her parents had been planning to send her away before their passing. They had called the school for gifted youngsters, talked to a man by the name Charles Xavier, and told him about their little girl that meant the entire world to them, and how they just wanted her to be able to control it so that they could all live safely as a family.

Now that would never happen. All thanks to Raelynn. She didn't remember picking up the phone, saying that there had been a murder. She didn't remember breaking the window to make it seem like a break in so that she wasn't the one to be blamed of her parents murder. It was awful of her. She deserved to be taken and placed in jail. But the thought of her sister was what kept her from turning herself in. Because even though she knew it was hopeless, there was still that tiny part of her that prayed she and her sister would be together again.

She didn't remember the police showing up, placing tape around the home and the front door. She didn't remember them placing down marks that showed evidence. What she did remember was holding onto her little sister who was clinging onto her for dear life, sobbing, crying, begging for Raelynn to not let them take her away. But Raelynn knew what she had to do, and that's why she had leaned down and pressed a firm kiss on the top of her sister's head.

She had said, "It's okay." And then they were ripping Aurelia from her grasp, the little girl's screams were the most heartbreaking thing that Raelynn had ever witnessed. Tears fell down her cheeks as she whispered to herself, "I'll find you, Aria." And before they could come back and take her the same way that they had taken Aurelia, Raelynn had been quick to leave the home, starting her life on the run from the police who would forever be looking for her once they found out that there had never been a break in. And then she woke up.

She shot up from the bed, panting, covered in sweat like she always was with a killer headache already starting. And then she heard it. The slamming of fist on her door, causing for her to quickly throw the blankets off of her body and rush over to it. She pulled the door open to find Natasha and Steve standing there, and she read there faces and immediately she sighed and closed her eyes.

"It happened again, didn't it?" She whispered. She ran a hand through her hair before crossing her arms over her chest. "Who did I hurt?"

"The one person that agreed to help you." Was all Natasha said before turning on her heel and walking away. Willow. She had hurt Willow.

 She had hurt Willow