𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER TWENTT-FIVE:❝︎A Promise❞︎

❝︎A Promise❞︎

BETH LAID DOWN BESIDE OF RAELYNN AND CLOSED HER EYES, SHE LET HER POWERS SURROUND HER HANDS BEFORE REACHING OVER AND GRABBING RAELYNN'S HAND. Immediately she was pulled into Raelynn's mind. This wasn't where Raelynn's mind had taken her last time, this was much different. It was a long dark hallway, and at the end of the hall she could hear shuffling. She carefully made her way down the hall, coming to a stop when she spotted a jail cell. Inside the cell was not what Beth had been expecting at all. It was the not the monster she was face to face with, it was Raelynn.

"Raelynn?" Beth whispered, making her look up. A gasp left her lips when she saw Raelynn's eyes. They were pitch black. It reminded Beth of Willow whenever the alien took over her. Beth kneeled down, her voice soft. "You're not Raelynn, are you?"

The blonde stood up, and Beth followed her. She wrapped her hands around the bars of the cell. "You put me here."

"You were killing innocent people, I had no choice." Beth looked at her. "I can let you out of here."

The monster looked at her. "You can?"

"I can, but only if you make me a promise." Beth grew closer. "Raelynn wants to let you free, but she won't in fear of you killing innocent people. She wants to be able to control you and make it to where you can come out and help her fight if she ever needs you. Your goal was always to protect Raelynn, was it not?" The monster nodded. "I want you to keep doing that, but you can only attack the people that actually wish harm to her. Does that make sense?"

"How will I know that they wish her harm?" The monster asked.

"Because usually they'll be pointing a knife or a weapon at her." Beth explained. "You know the familiar faces. I know you see everything that she sees. You see Willow helping her train, helping her hold a gun. She's an innocent, we want to keep her safe. If Raelynn isn't trying to fight them to keep herself alive, then they mean no harm. Understand?"

"Can you promise me that you will listen to my words? That no more harm will come to anymore innocent people?"

"I promise."

"Good." A key appeared in Beth's hand and she unlocked the cell, pulling it open. "You're free. Just know that I will come back if you don't keep your promise and I will destroy your for good this time. Do not underestimate me."

"Understood."

"I'm holding you to it." Beth whispered before turning on her heel and walking away.

"Beth." Beth turned to look at her. The monster smiled, giving her a short nod. "Thank you." Beth smiled and nodded back before quickly pulling herself from Raelynn's head.

Beth sat up, turning her head to look at Raelynn who was still knocked out. She silently hoped that it worked, that the monster wasn't tricking her. She removed herself from the bed and anxiously began to pace back and forth as she waited for Raelynn to wake up. A groan suddenly fell from Raelynn's lips and Beth quickly turned to look at her, kneeling down beside of her.

"Raelynn?" Beth softly asked.

Raelynn blinked, slowly coming to. "Did you do it? Did you make it understand?"

Beth nodded. "I think I got through to it."

"Should we test it?"

"Let's go into the training room for that. I'll bring Wanda along just in case anything goes wrong." Raelynn nodded in agreement. The two quickly left the bedroom, Beth quick to find Wanda and drag her along.

Willow, who was standing in the training room, turned when she saw the three of them enter. "Has something happened that I'm not aware of?"

"We're about to see if Rae can control it."

Willow's eyes widened in surprise. "You did it?"

"We're about to find out." Raelynn whispered. She stepped away from them. Willow moved to stand beside Beth. Wanda stood on the other side of Beth and allowed the chaos magic to enter her hands in preparation. Raelynn glanced at them and took a deep breath. "Here we go."

Raelynn closed her eyes and straightened her shoulders. She traveled in her own mind before finding a version of herself standing there with pitch black eyes, patiently waiting. Raelynn watched her for a moment and the other version of her just nodded. Hesitantly, she reached out her hand and as soon as their fingers interlocked, the monster took over.

A gasp fell from Raelynn's lips, her eyes turning pitch black before they faded again. She turned her head and took a step back in surprise. The monster was standing there, tall as it could be with hands sharp as knives. The other three woman watched the whole thing with surprise. The monster turned to look at them and began to step forwards. Wanda rose her hands up but Beth reached out and stopped her.

"Don't. It'll attack you if it thinks you're going to cause it or Raelynn harm." Beth quickly whispered and Wanda lowered her hands. The creature grew closer to them, coming to a stop in front of Beth. It reached out its hand and Beth followed suit. When there hands touched the creature disappeared and Raelynn's eyes turned back to their normal shade of blue.

She looked at them. "Did it work? Did I do it?"

Willow looked at her and then laughed, a wide smile on her face. "Holy shit! You actually did that." She walked forwards and embraced Raelynn in a tight hug. "I have to go tell the others." Willow quickly ran away.

Raelynn smiled and turned to look at Beth. She walked over to her. "Thank you, Beth. Really. Do you know what this means?" Beth shook her head. "It means I'll never have to worry about endangering Aurelia ever again. I can finally be apart of her life." She gave Beth a tight hug. "Thank you," she whispered before pulling away.

"It was the least I could do." Beth nodded. "Now, if you'll excuse me, my girlfriend and I have some movies to catch up on." Raelynn nodded and watched as they walked away.

Raelynn made her way to her room and grabbed her phone. I wide smile was on her face as she put the phone against her ear. It rang three times before her sister picked up. "I did it." Raelynn whispered. "I learned to control it."

"Yes!" Aurelia cheered on the other end. "I'm so proud of you sis. What do you say Scott and I come by next week?"

Raelynn couldn't stop smiling as she nodded. "I would love that."

"