𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:❝︎Game Of Blame❞︎

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:
❝︎Game Of Blame❞︎

RAELYNN WAS EXTREMELY NERVOUS TO SAY THE LEAST. Her hands were sweating and her heart felt like it was going to jump out of her chest at any given moment. Raelynn woke up the next morning a lot earlier than she'd originally intended. She blamed it on the nerves that were running drastically through every cell of her body. Raelynn took a shower and got ready for the day. She glanced towards the time and sighed as she sat down on her bed. She still had two hours before Beth came to get her. Maybe she should eat something, it would help her nerves.

She opened the fridge, pursing her lips as she stared at the very empty fridge. She closed the door and reminded herself that she would have to get food for her room later on. She made her way out of her room and traveled to the cafeteria. She grabbed herself some food and sat by herself at one of the tables that was far in the corner and away from everyone else. She could feel the looks, she could feel the glares.

Raelynn knew that some of the agents blamed her for the death of one of their own, she couldn't really blame her because she was the reason for it. Raelynn quietly sat there and ate her food, glancing up when footsteps approached her. Steve Rogers and Liliya Petrova had spotted her from across the room and after getting some food, Liliya urged to Steve to join the girl. Steve had happily agreed. The couple made their way over to her and Liliya offered her a smile.

"This seat taken?" Liliya asked and Raelynn shook her head.

"Raelynn," Steve greeted. Raelynn offered him a small smile.

"You okay?" Liliya asked.

Raelynn glanced towards the agents who were looking at her before looking down at her food. "I'm okay. Just trying to get used to people giving me death glares." She let out a humorless chuckle.

Liliya sat up straighter and Steve closed his eyes. "Honey, please don't."

Liliya ignored him and stood up with a smile. "Hi! Hello! Can I get everyone's attention please?" The cafeteria turned silent and all of the agents turned to look at her.

"What is she doing?" Raelynn whispered, looking at Steve with wide eyes.

Steve tried to hide his smile as he shook his head. "She's being Liliya."

"Yes, hi." Liliya continued. "Anybody else throw a glare, a look of any nasty kind towards Raelynn, I promise you that you will regret it. I am your trainer, let's not forget that, and I will be sure to make your life a living hell. Word from me to Natasha to Fury will get you fired. So, let's not play this game of blame, shall we?" She looked around at the agents before her voice grew stern. "Is that understood?" There were a chorus of 'yes ma'am's' that echoed around the room and the smile returned on Liliya's face. "Good."