𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO:❝︎The Truth Of Jean Grey❞︎

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO:
❝︎The Truth Of Jean Grey❞︎

RAELYNN DECIDED THAT SHE AND HER SISTER NEEDED AN ESCAPE FROM THE AVENGERS COMPOUND. When she offered Aurelia a chance to get out and walk around New York, Aurelia had gladly accepted it. The two sisters were sitting in a café, a cup of coffee sitting in front of them. Aurelia was staring out of the large window, a smile decorating her face as she looked at the sight.

     "Thank you, for this." Aurelia smiled, turning to look at Raelynn. "I haven't had this good of coffee since Jean died. Scott thinks he's good at making it, but he's really bad at it." The two sisters chuckled and Aurelia took a sip of the coffee.

     "You mention her a lot." Raelynn noted. "You must have really loved her."

     Aurelia smiled a sad smile, nodding her head. "Yeah. I really did. She was everything to me. We hadn't even been together for more than a year and I would've done anything to protect her, to keep her safe. I just hate that in the end it was her trying to protect me. It cost her her life."

     "Oh, Aria." Raelynn whispered, reaching over and placing a hand over her sisters. "It wasn't your fault."

     Aurelia wiped away the tears she didn't know had fallen, nodding. "Yeah, I know."

     "Tell me about her." Raelynn smiled, placing her head in her hand.

     Aurelia thought for a moment before smiling. "We'd known each other for years, but we never became friends until last year. She was so kind, everyone saw her as this monster, but I just saw her as Jean. She was so beautiful, her smile was my favorite thing in the whole world. She would listen to me talk hours on end about books that she'd never read nor had any interest in, but she loved to just listen to me talk about something I loved. She was my first love, my first and probably my last."

     Raelynn watched her sister talk about Jean and the love in her eyes was undeniable. This was a love she would never get over, Raelynn only wished she could help her heal from this, but it was a journey Aurelia had to do on her own. "You'll find love again someday." Raelynn told her.

     Aurelia shook her head. "I don't think I want to." Aurelia sighed, crossing her arms and placing them on the table. "I know that she'd want me to move on, but I don't want to. I made a promise to keep her legacy alive, to tell people that she was the hero and not the villain the news made her out to be. I plan to keep that promise. When I go back to the school, kids will no doubt have questions, they always do, and I'll tell them the truth of Jean Grey."

     Raelynn smiled at this. "I love that so much for you. I'm glad you're keeping her legacy alive, Aria. It sounds like she was an amazing person."

     "She was." Aurelia nodded. "I wish you could've met her."

     Raelynn bit the inside of her cheek. If she hadn't waited so long to meet her sister, she would've been able to meet her. "Yeah, me too." They paid and then left, heading back to the compound. Raelynn felt guilty for waiting so long to meet her sister, but she was doing what she thought was best. She was just trying to keep Aurelia safe.

     They made it back to the compound, going to Raelynn's room. Aurelia sat on the couch, turning the television on whilst Raelynn started to tidy things up, something she did when she was overthinking. Aurelia watched her sister with a small frowned. "Rae, is everything okay?" 

     Raelynn turned to look at her and nodded. Aurelia gave her a look and Raelynn softly sighed. "I just feel bad for waiting so long to come and find you."

     "Why did you?"

     "Because, I didn't want to hurt you. I just wanted to protect you."

     Aurelia rolled her eyes. "You know, I'm getting really tired of people protecting me. I have powers. I can protect myself. Plus, you would've been awake when finding me, so it's not like the monster would've been out anyways." Raelynn pursed her lips and closed her eyes. "Still not mad, 'cause I get it, but I'm not some vulnerable little girl anymore."

     "I know." Raelynn nodded her head. "I'm sorry."

     "It's okay." Aurelia smiled. "I plan on heading back tomorrow, if that's okay."

     "Of course. Whatever you want."

     Aurelia decided to change the subject. "So, you're going to train to become one of the big bad Avengers, huh?" 

     Raelynn took a seat beside of her. "It's a reassurance for me that they know I'm on their side. I think they'd all appreciate it if I could find a way to control the monster. I'd feel more comfortable having you around if I could control it."

     "Well, as soon as you sort everything out, I'll come back. Even when I'm gone, we'll stay in touch. Next time I come, I'll bring Scott with me. I'd at least like you to meet my best friend. He was there for me when no one else was. He's basically my brother, and it would be nice for him to get along with my sister."

     Raelynn managed a small smile at the thought, nodding her head. "Well, I would love for him to come here. It would be nice to meet someone important to you. He was the one in the room with you, correct?"

     "Yeah," Aurelia answered. "He and I have been attached to the hip after Jean's death. He didn't say it, but I could tell he wasn't too excited about me leaving. He's been blowing up my phone, trying to get me to hurry up and come back."

     "I guess it's a good thing you're going back tomorrow." Raelynn said. "Anyways, it's getting late. I'm not exactly tired. Would you want to watch a movie?" 

     Aurelia smiled. "Only if I can pick it."

     Raelynn rolled her eyes. "Fine. What do you want to watch?"

     Aurelia thought about it for a minute before her eyes brightened. "There's this movie I've been hearing about. A horror movie. It's called Mama."

     "A horror movie? Really?"

     "What? Don't tell me you're scared."

     Raelynn straightened her shoulders. "Me? Scared? Never." Aurelia snickered before finding the movie and playing it. Needless to say, Raelynn was absolutely terrified.

 Needless to say, Raelynn was absolutely terrified