𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:❝︎A Little More Abnormal❞︎

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:
❝︎A Little More Abnormal❞︎

A GASP FELL FROM HER LIPS AS SHE SHOT UP. Sweat drenched her forehead, her eyes wide as she quickly threw the blankets off of her. She threw on her shoes, running out of room and down a couple of floors, watching as the dead agents were being carried away. Liliya was being helped by her boyfriend, Steve Rogers, a hand placed to her stomach from the stab wound that the nightmare had inflicted upon her. Tears filled her eyes as she covered a hand with her mouth.

"What did I do?" Raelynn whispered.

"Raelynn?" Willow's voice found her, causing the blonde to snap her head towards her. Raelynn stared at Willow with shaken eyes. She didn't understand what had just happened. Willow was quick to pull her into a hug. "Hey, you're okay."

"But those agents aren't." Raelynn whispered, shaking her head as she pulled away. "Liliya isn't. I almost―︎"

"But you didn't." Willow cut her off. "Liliya will be fine. She's been through worse, I promise. You were supposed to tell us when you went to sleep. Luckily, Beth managed to find you in time. We watched the monster just dissolve. I don't know what went on in there, but whatever Beth did, we think she did it. We think she got rid of the monster."

"Where is she?"

Willow softly smiled. "Come on, I'll bring you to her." Willow walked down the hall and Raelynn followed after her. When she came to a white door, she rapped her fingers against it three times, and Wanda was quick to pull the door open. Wanda looked at Willow and then at Raelynn before looking towards Willow again and sighing.

"Beth." Wanda called her name. Beth stood up from the bed, making her way over to Wanda with a questioning look before turning her head and a smile immediately fell on her face when she saw who it was that was at their door.

"Raelynn." Beth was quick to step forwards, embracing the blonde into a hug. "I'm glad you're alright." She pulled away, glancing towards Wanda and Willow before looking back towards Raelynn. "Would you like to go somewhere and talk?" Raelynn stared at her for a moment before she nodded her head. Beth smiled. "Come on." She wrapped her arm around Raelynn's, leading her down the hall and stopping once they found a quiet place.

They didn't talk for a long while. There was just silence as they sat there. Raelynn stared out the window, watching the soldiers that were forced to go back to training after surviving an attack from the monster that she had unleashed. She didn't know what exactly it was that she was supposed to say. Was she supposed to thank her? Was she supposed to apologize for forcing her to do something that she probably didn't want to do? What did she say to a woman that had essentially saved everyone's lives just by giving her a life lesson?

So, she started off with what Beth had already seen. "I have a little sister, you know?" Her voice was soft as she spoke and she couldn't find it in her to turn her head in order to look at Beth. She knew that Beth was looking at her. She had her attention. A sad smile was on Raelynn's face as she looked down at her hands. "But I was too dangerous to be around her. She was going to stay with us, learn how to control her own gifts, but I almost killed her, and she was sent away for not only her safety but for my parents sanity." Plus, I actually did kill my parents so there's that!

Beth watched her as she spoke, and her heart broke for the woman. She pushed her hair behind her ears. "I know what it feels like." This caused Raelynn to turn her head to look at her. "To be too scared to close your eyes, only for your nightmares to take you in." She knew that feeling all too much. And she knew that it was not fun. "We're the same in many ways, Raelynn, you're just a little more abnormal than I am. And that's okay."

"Yeah, but you don't kill people, Beth." Raelynn whispered, her voice cracking.

"And neither do you." Beth reached over, placing a hand over Raelynn's. "That thing killed people. Not you. You don't have an ounce of blood on your hands. That monster does. That is not your fault so don't you dare blame yourself for it." She sat back. "Besides, it's gone now. You're free to do whatever the hell you want, whenever the hell you want. So tell me Raelynn, what is it that you want to do?"

Raelynn didn't answer her for a moment. The thought of freedom was completely and utterly new to her. She'd never had it before. Not even when she was a little kid. So what would she do with her new found freedom? She knew exactly what she was going to do. But would they let her? Would they allow her access to one thing that she wanted in her life? Would they allow her to find her little sister and hold her in her arms once more? Probably not. But it was worth a try, wasn't it.

She turned her head to look at Beth, meeting her eyes and staring at her for a few moments. She looked away from Beth, down to her hands, back to Beth again. "I want to find my little sister."

Beth couldn't help but smile at this. She stood up, standing in front of Raelynn as she offered the blonde a helping hand and an excited smile. She was ready to help Raelynn in anyway possible. And if this would bring her some comfort, then she would do it. "Well then, I guess you better get up. We have a sister of yours to find."

END OF PART ONE!
Hello lovelies! This is the end of part one of this book! It will be placed on hold until another part of another story is completed or another story all together is finished. I hope you all have enjoyed so far! Keep an eye out for part two!

 I hope you all have enjoyed so far! Keep an eye out for part two!