𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER FIVE:❝︎Willow❞︎

CHAPTER FIVE:
❝︎Willow❞︎

SHE COULD SEE WHY NATASHA TOOK A LIKING TO THE WOMAN. Willow was kind, and had such a pretty smile. But most of all, she fought just like Natasha did. She was passionate when it came to her training, making sure that everyone she trained was ready and prepared for anything and everything that could possibly come their way. The dark haired woman twirled swiftly, going to kick Liliya in the chest but Liliya was quick to dodge the kick, ducking under her leg and sending a punch towards her but Willow was quick to catch it, grabbing onto her upper arm and flipping Liliya onto the mat.

A smirk fell on Willow's face as she looked down at the blonde assassin. "You go easy on me?"

"You'd like that wouldn't you?" Liliya scoffed, earning an amused chuckle from Willow before she stood up and pulled Liliya up from the mat. As the two rook a moment to take a sip from their waters, that's when she decided to make her entrance. Raelynn carefully entered into the training room, grabbing the attention of the two agents to which she gave a shy and awkward smile.

"Uh, hi." Raelynn swallowed thickly, trying her best to wipe away her nerves. "I was told that I could speak to you?" Her eyes met those of Willow's. The dark haired woman looked at her for a few moments before sharing a look with Liliya before she turned back towards Raelynn and offered her a kind smile.

"Of course." She then nodded towards Liliya, telling the blonde that she would talk with her later. Willow patiently waited for Liliya to walk out before turning her attention over towards the unfamiliar blonde who looked rather unsure of why it was that she was there. Willow cocked her head slightly before carefully making her way over towards Raelynn. "Have I met you?"

Raelynn shook her head. "No." She held out her hand. "My name's Raelynn Quinn. You're girlfriend, uh, Natasha, she was the one to bring me here. Apparently Nick Fury has been hunting me down for a while because of. . . what I am. Or what I can do. And according to her, you're the one to talk to because apparently you know what it's like to feel like you have something else living inside of you."

Immediately Willow's stomach dropped to her feet. Her throat seemed to run dry, and suddenly she knew exactly why Raelynn was standing there in front of her. Why she had come to seek her out. Willow nibbled on her lip, the topic at hand having always been something she never enjoyed to talk about. But she realized that this was probably something that Raelynn needed―︎someone that she could relate to, because that was something that Raelynn really needed. Someone to lean on whilst she felt like she was going crazy.

"Alright," she whispered. She nodded for Raelynn to follow after her and she did. The tow walked over to a table, sitting down across from one another with Willow interlacing her fingers. She studied Raelynn for a moment. "Whatever it is you need to ask me. . . ask away."

Raelynn didn't know where to start. What to ask. So, instead of asking questions, she simply decided to share with Willow why it was that she wanted her help. She pushed her blonde hair behind her ear, clearing her throat as she tried to find the words. "I don't know how it happened. But I think it was something that I was born with. Something called the x-gene which my little sister also has. But, every time I fall asleep, this. . . thing crawls out of my head. Nightmares are when it usually shows up, but he creates terror, he kills, and he's the reason my parents are dead. And I have no control over him, and I don't know what to do, how to stop him, and I just. . . I don't know what to do." Tears rolled down her cheeks. "Why did everyone tell me to come to you?"

Willow felt her heart shatter in her chest. This woman was younger than she was, and she hated the fact that they had so much in common. They had both been the reason for their parents death, and another thing seemed to be attached to their body without them having any control whatsoever. Willow frowned, forcing back her own tears, before she reached over the table, placing her hand on top of Raelynn's. She understood her fear, her pain, her trauma. She comfortingly rubbed her thumb across the top of Raelynn's hand, hoping it was helping to calm her beating heart down.

A deep breath fell from Willow's lips. "When I was six, I allowed my curiosity to take over me. I entered my parents lab when I wasn't supposed to, and I let loose and alien creature that decided to attach itself to me, and it's been that way ever since. It's this dark thing that likes to take over, take control, and go on a murder spree because it feeds on my guilty feelings, my fear, hell, even my doubt and struggle of control. It's why I wear this around my neck twenty-four-seven." She motioned to the choker around her neck that held a blue gem on it. "I don't know what they did, but Rosalynn and Bruce found a way to. . . somewhat control it.

"So, yes, I know what it's like. The fear, the guilt of the murders that you can't control, the lack and desperation of control. I know what it's like, and I know exactly what you're going through. My advice to you? Tell Bruce and Rosalynn what you told me, and maybe they can help you gain some kind of control like they did for me." She gave her hand a small squeeze. "I promise you, we won't stop until we find a way to help you. And that's a promise I plan on keeping."