𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE:❝︎Training❞︎

❝︎Training❞︎

RAELYNN WATCHED AS HER SISTER PUT HER THINGS INTO THE TRUNK OF THE CAR BEFORE TURNING TO LOOK AT RAELYNN, GIVING HER SISTER A SMALL SMILE. She stepped forwards and Raelynn pulled her into a tight hug, closing her eyes and not wanting to let go. She knew her sister needed to go back. She had people that relied on her, but that didn't mean that Raelynn wasn't going to miss her desperately. If she was being honest with herself, her sisters reaction was nothing that she had been expecting. She had been so calm and reassuring. It was something that Raelynn had desperately needed.

     "I'll miss you." Aurelia softly said, pulling away from the hug to meet her sisters eyes.

     Raelynn looked at her with a small smile, nodding her head. "Yeah, me too. But hey, you're welcome to come back whenever you want."

     "I know." Aurelia turned and opened the passenger door, Maria Hill was in the driver's seat, having offered to take her back. Aurelia glanced at her sister one more time. "Have fun with training."

     Raelynn rolled her eyes. "They're going to eat me alive." Aurelia chuckled before climbing into the car and closing the door. She waved goodbye to her older sister before the car drove away. Raelynn continued to stand there until the car was no longer in view before she turned on her heel and made it back inside. She made it to her room, quickly changing into a pair of leggings and a sports bra. She threw her hair up into a ponytail and huffed, looking at herself in the mirror before making her way down to the training room.

     Willow was standing there, patiently waiting for her. When she heard footsteps she turned and offered Raelynn a kind smile.  Raelynn walked up to Willow, nerves clearly racking through her body. She wasn't quite sure what to expect, but she knew that Willow would help her. She wondered if Natasha was going to join them, causing her to look around. Willow watched her with slight amusement. "She's not joining us today. She's on a mission."

     Raelynn nodded. "Oh."

     Willow chuckled. "She's agreed to help train you, but she wants to wait until I train you on all the basics. Like how to hold and shoot a gun, how to throw a punch. That sort of thing. When we start getting into the heavier stuff, that's when she'll join us, but for now, she has to be the Black Widow."

      "Alright. So, how do we start this."

     "Well, we can go about this two different ways. Would you rather learn how to throw a punch first, or learn how to shoot a gun?"

     Raelynn thought about it for a moment. "Let's start with how to throw a punch. I'll need the arm strength to not stumble backwards when a gunshot goes off." Willow smiled and nodded in approval. "That was a test, wasn't it?"

     "The first of many. I'm going to be testing your knowledge the more that we advance. There wasn't really a choice, we were going to start with fighting first, but I wanted to see what you thought. This is good, you have basic knowledge. So, let's get started shall we?"

They spent hours training. Raelynn had to learn everything from the ground up and if she was being honest, it was a lot of work. She knew that this wasn't going to be easy at all, but she had never sweat so much in her life and she was finding it hard to breathe from how much exercise she was doing. She didn't realize how out of shape she was until Willow had trained her to the point she was laying down on the ground, a hand over her stomach as she caught her breath. Willow smiled at her.

     "You'll get used to it," Willow promised. "That's enough training for today. We'll start again tomorrow. We're training every single day just because I have so much time on my hands so this is what I'm filling it with. Besides, the faster we get your training done, the sooner we can move on and figure out if we can control that sleep demon of yours."

     Raelynn nodded. "Sounds like a plan." Raelynn reached out a hand and Willow grabbed it, pulling her up. "Thank you for doing this, Willow. It means a lot."

     Willow offered her a small smile. "It's no problem, Raelynn. I haven't trained someone before like this so this is fun and new for me."

     "You and I have a very different definition of fun." Raelynn mumbled and Willow laughed. "Tomorrow." Raelynn gave Willow a small nod before walking out of the training room and heading up to her room.

Raelynn walked in and immediately jumped in the shower. She cleaned all of the sweat off of her, and when she felt clean and refreshed she stepped out of the shower and pulled on some clean clothes and made it into her room. She sat on her bed, turning on the television and laying down. She closed her eyes as her body relaxed. She could fall asleep right now if she really wanted to, but she still had the entire day ahead of her.

Raelynn sat up, glancing around for a moment before deciding she needed to eat. She made her way to the cafeteria, grabbing herself a tray of food before taking a seat and eating her food in silence. She tried not to smile when she noticed no one was giving her looks. She knew she had Liliya to thank for. When she saw the blonde she would have to thank her again, but she knew Liliya was training the soldiers at the moment and she didn't want to interrupt her.

She ate her food in peace, throwing away her tray and then walking back to her room. Things were starting to change for her, and Raelynn had to admit she was excited to see where these changes would take her. She sat in her room, watching a show before turning it off. As it grew later, Raelynn pulled herself under the covers and fell asleep with a smile on her face.

 As it grew later, Raelynn pulled herself under the covers and fell asleep with a smile on her face