welcome!! (info chapter)

hello! this is my first story so please bare with me as i am not amazing at writing, grammar or spelling.

this book will not have any steamy moments since kanao is a minor, but there will be kissing and lots of affection for all my touch starved simps. (:

now a bit of (y/n)s backstory-

(y/n) is 15, they go by they/she pronouns and are pansexual. their parents were killed at the stake for being convicted of using witchcraft which was in fact true. (y/n) is a witch but only knows a few spells but she is still learning, for it can come in very handy in bad times. (y/n) was hiding in an alleyway near a famous sweets store and was found by mitsuri after trying to steal from her. mitsuri decided to take you in since you were still a small child (around the age of 8) and trained you to become a demon slayer. you learned love breathing from mitsuri but you didnt feel like it fit you so you made your own breath called "moon breathing" (yes i know its already a breath but for the sake of this story and my brain were gonna pretend we made it). because you use moon breathing, mitsuri thought it would be nice to give you a small nickname being "star" that her and the other hashiras call you. you would mostly stay around mitsuri and within the property of the love estate unless you had a mission. you knew most of the hashiras and became friends with muichiro since he was closest to your age. you would never see kanao, for she was always training in the butterfly estates but you would see shinobu every now and then and would always wave or send a smile her way which she would always return.

(y/n) - your name
(l/n) - last name
(f/f) - favorite food
(f/c) - favorite color
(h/c) - hair color
(e/c) - eye color

moon breathing forms (my version 😌) :
moon breathing first form: new moon slash- you slash your sword 8 times in a circle (if that makes sense?) and at the end you slash through the circle. pretty much it cuts off the arms and legs of the demon weakening it as much as possible then going for the neck.

moon breathing second form: solar eclipse- you make a solar eclipse happen, whether its day or night, blinding your opponent for a solid 30-60 seconds depending how much strength and energy you have, making it easier for you to kill your opponent.

moon breathing third form: artemis' bow- your katana becomes laced with deadly wisteria poison. you throw your sword at the demon like how a bow would release an arrow, except at a much faster speed, striking them directly in the neck.

moon breathing fourth form: midnight blue- all of your senses become stronger and you become very aware of your surroundings, being able to see, hear, smell, touch, and taste things 10x better than the normal human being. while this is a very useful breath it take a lot of energy and effort out of you so you can only hold it for max 15 seconds.

moon breathing fifth form: selena- moon phases appear all around you in a circle and it pretty much give you a very big power up for about 30 minutes. this is the most powerful breath of all but you can only use it during full moons.

moon breathing sixth form: moon light bliss- the most peaceful and painless attack. saved for those who have surrendered, this move makes death feel painless and peaceful as it feels like you are in a field watching the moon and stars pass by on a nice cool summer night.

sorry this is so long but please enjoy this story!! also there may be slow updates at some times because i am starting school in less than a week but besides that ill most likely update every saturday and sunday maybe? idk i'll probably just update when im finished with a chapter (: have a wonderful day (:

words: 694