chapter 29

y/n's pov~

i push through the heavy oak doors. as they open, im met with a white haired female that is accompanied by two shorter white haired females. "good evening lady y/n." the younger girls greet me. "good evening ladies! how are you doing lady ubuyashiki?" i ask as i bow and give a smile.

"i am doing well y/n. im glad to see you in good health." she says as she waits for me to take my shoes off. once i do she leads me to the room where ubuyashiki-sama is. my heart starts to race a bit as i get nervous about what's to come.

once we reach the door to the room, lady amane stops me. "it's not going to be as bad as you think, don't worry. you will be perfectly fine." she says with a smile before she opens the door. "darling, y/n l/n is here to see you." she says as she signals me to come in and sit down.

when i look up to enter the room, i see kanao and jo sitting there look at me. "what the fuck is going on" i think to myself as i take a seat next to kanao.

"good evening y/n. how are you my child?" ubuyashiki says with a smile. "good evening master. im doing good. im glad to see you im good health." i say as i bow to him. "thank you y/n. you have always been a kind soul." he says in a calming voice.

"now, you're probably wondering why the hashiras aren't here for your trial. you see, before you came here, jo and kanao came to me with surprising news that change a lot of things. though you still shouldn't have attacked another slayer, after hearing what kanao had to say, you are completely off the hook. what kenji did to you kanao is in no way acceptable. he is to be stripped of his title and his sword and including what y/n did to him is enough of a punishment." ubuyashiki says.

"hold on a second, my apologies for interrupting master, but what exactly happened?" i ask as i turn to look at kanao. "he touched me in places that i don't want to be touched and kissed me which later sent me into a really bad episode..." kanao says looking at the ground. "i know i should've told you when it happened but i didn't want you to blow up and get yourself in trouble. plus i wasn't planning on telling anyone but aoi walked in while it was ending and me and jo were talking about past trama. i trust you, i really do, i just didn't want you to go off." kanao says.

"yeah it's fine, but what's not fine is that he touched you. i didn't even know what he did. all he told me was that he got to you, and that set me off. whatever. at least it's gone for good now. but if i see his ugly face ever again, i swear to god i will beat him to death." i say the last sentence in a serious tone.

"ok well now that everything is settled, you girls are free to go." ubuyashiki says. "have a good night master." we all say simultaneously as we bow and walk out. "come one we're gonna go the love estate. until he gone, kanao, you're not leaving my side." i say as i grab her arm and hang on to it for dear life. "hahaha ok y/n." kanao chuckles as she moves closer to me.

"y'all make me feel single." jo says as we all laugh. "don't worry jo, we'll find you a nice demon-slaying girl." i say with a smile. we all laugh once again as we reach the love estate.

we walk in and im immediately tackled to the ground. "Y/N!!! OH HOW BAD IS IT!? ARE YOU BEING FORCED TO QUIT!? DO YOU HAVE TO LEAVE ME!? DONT WORRY ILL HIDE YOU FROM THEM!!" mitsuri says as she hugs me tight. "im fine mitsuri... if you let me breathe i can tell you what happened." i say as she finally lets me up and drags me to the kitchen.

i tell her everything that happened at the estate and she starts sobbing. "oh my kanao!! im so so sorry!!! we she tell your sister!!" mitsuri says as she hugs kanao. "ok... i guess since you know it would only be right to tell her too." kanao says as she hugs the woman back.

"ok i'll send a crow to her right now!" mitsuri says before going to call her crow. "this is going to be a loooong night." i say before scooting closer to y/n and cuddling into her warmth. "couldn't have said it better myself." they say as they put their arm around my waist.